Does anyone have any pics of a Gen 1 with stainless tips?

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure someone has done this right :dunno: I'm getting ready to put everything back together from having the side sills painted and I always thought the black pipes looked dull and if they were a nice rolled stainless or something at the exit I thought it would like very nice. I searched forever and see a lot of SRT stuff but no Gen 1 with a nice stainless or chromed tip, anyone got a photo?

EDIT:

I did a quick photoshop rendering but would like to see the real thing, this is only one angle and don't know how indicative it is of how it would really look although I think my rendering looks nice. My cars rims are chromed so I think it would look better than this pic I found on the net...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cfiiman,

I have stainless tips on my belanger exhaust on my 95. If you look under my photo's under the "Post a pic of your GEN I" thread you can sort of see them; 3rd page. The car was not clean in those pic's. I hope it helps.

Tex.

***Edit: Also if you look through the multiple pic's of Gen I's on that thread I see a few others who also have what you're looking for.***

Last edited:

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go to Zero Altitude Flight and you can get polished tips for $125.00 if I'm not mistaken. Stainless is 115.00. Check their site out for all kinds of Viper items. As usual the Viper tax is big but it is quality stuff. I've looked at quite a few sites but no one other than Zero Altitude deals with the chrome tips for a Gen 1. If any of you guys no of another site please let us know.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's my old RT with rolled tips i put on, they were around $40 from my local exhaust center, i
should have better pics if needed

190tip.jpg

190rt.jpg

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Neil that is exactly what I was looking for! I'm doing this, thanks again guys.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
here's my old RT with rolled tips i put on, they were around $40 from my local exhaust center, i
should have better pics if needed

190tip.jpg

190rt.jpg

Neil,

I tried PM'ing you but it says you are out of space lol, could you post anymore pics of yours with the skirts on? That is exactly what I'm trying to do and I will take your pics to the shop with me to get them done, any measurements would be very appreciated as well, thanks!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I had these on my Gen 1 and I thought they looked pretty good. I cant seem to recall who made the tip, and it took a lot of customization/fabrication to make it work and line up.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That does look good! I'm just going to have a straight shorty pipe made like Neil at my local shop (if they can do it). I've searched every mail order place and can't find a straight shorty that is not 12" long. I'm assuming Neil's is about 3-4" or so????

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have a closeup pic finished on the car, but from when I was fabricating the side exhaust for my GTS I welded these from Belanger on. I would call them.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't have a closeup pic finished on the car, but from when I was fabricating the side exhaust for my GTS I welded these from Belanger on. I would call them.

Dave, those are bad ass, I searched Belanger but didn't see just the tips :dunno:

Can anyone tell me the final diameter size on something like this? I'm assuming 4"?

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, those are bad ass, I searched Belanger but didn't see just the tips :dunno:

Can anyone tell me the final diameter size on something like this? I'm assuming 4"?

They are 3 1/2" They do sell just the tips seperately. They are $180 for the pair plus shipping.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've load of pics cfiiman, ive cleared out my messages so drop me your email address and ill send the pics direct

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are 3 1/2" They do sell just the tips seperately. They are $180 for the pair plus shipping.

That is not too bad for the pair thanks!

I've load of pics cfiiman, ive cleared out my messages so drop me your email address and ill send the pics direct

Neil, it is still giving me the error, email is cfiiman{at}hotmail.com thanks man, if you could provide your dimensions it would be great!

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine with a belanger kit. The tips came with it, I think it was about $700 from JonB. Sounds great without the cats.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PartsRack now shows they have tips for Gen 1's at $100.00. I just ordered them. Can't beat that price. JonB doesn't sell junk. Didn't think he had any but check out his new website and all the goodies posted now.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called him but he said it is only a 1" trim ring and wouldn't work for what I was trying to do. ***** too, I was excited about it, but he was very knowledgeable and helpful, and pointed me in the right direction, thanks for looking out though V10 PWRD.

The problem is someone has flared the end of my tips taking the final diameter to 3" instead of the stock 2.5", so I think I'm going to have to get a new 90* bend for the back to do tips you can see the flare in the pic in this thread kind of:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/650523-Can-someone-identify-my-exhaust

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey V10 PWRD,

I should have looked closer at their site when I saw your post, I thought they were 125 each lol, not a set! I called them and talked to Randy up there (very nice guy) and he is sending me a set out tomorrow, he is even machining them out a little b/c my outlets are slightly bigger then 3" on the passenger side, I can't wait!!!! Thanks everyone for their time posting all the pics, they all look awesome and can't wait until mine look like that :2tu:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine...
3" truck exhaust chrome pipes. Must have been like 25 bucks each? Not stainless, but shiny.

audi_035.jpg

viper_74.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950