Does anyone make a bump-steer kit?

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone make a bump-steer kit for the Viper?
Thanks,

-Lou

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump steering is a design matter ...
You would have to change the entire body of the car ...
all at least all of the suspension components.
All race cars have a sever to moderate bump steering.
Cars that ride above 200mph need a very firm suspension and smooth track. Otherwise you would take off on the smallest bump like an airplane.

I know what I am talking about I live in Quebec.
The highways here are in as poorshape as african highways.
I have tried everything ... finally I bought a Mercedes for commuting. The only car that doesn't have ANY bump steering. However the suspension is one of the most complex ones.

World class race tracks have a very smooth surface to avoid bump steering. For instance in Montreal, the F1 race trace has a so good quality that you can Roller Blade on it at "high speeds" without difficulty.

When I got my ACR I had a lot of trouble with bump steering. To easy the probleme I set the suspensions to the highest position (soft ride). I also had an alignment done on the car. Now the bump steering is moderate. The only problem that I still have is the "Rails" on the road that trucks make. They make the Viper very unstable ...

VIPER COLIN UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can adjust your bump steer no problem. I did it last night on my friends 94 RT. Each wheel needed different adjustment. Rears have a bolt through a slotted hole in the chassis to adjust up and down. Front you use spacers under the steering rack mounts. You have to remove the shocks took a couple hours. Not been out in it yet to see if it makes a differance.
You are always looking for zero bump steer
Colin

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, this is called alignement. Sometimes you need to add a spacer but it won't elliminate 100% bump steering. It is a design issue ...

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lou,

Call Bobby Archer Motorsports, I know Bobby is working on some new links and a steering rack mount that allow bump steer to be easily adjusted. I think they are just finishing it up and it hasn't been released yet, so let him know I sent you his way.

Bobby Archer 817-877-1772

Regards,
Mike Horzewski

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the suspension goes from one end of travel to the other, the wheels don't maintain the same alignment.

The term comes from the fact that when you hit a bump, the car may steer itself in some other direction even if you don't move the steering wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang