Does this sound right about service??

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well it's too late now cause I'm already having it done but my car threw a code p0123 which is high voltage in the TP sensor a few days ago. Soooo I read on here and changed the TP sensor and cleaned the IAC and it didn't work. The car got so bad yesterday I had to get it towed to a close dealership because I couldn't make it to Tomball dodge. It was bucking and bogging down bad and was shooting black smoke out of the exhaust. Anyways I just picked up the car about 2 weeks ago and I know it was sitting at the dealership where I bought it from out of state since april this year. The dealer said it could be the fuel and they want to do the following. Drop the fuel tank and clean it out, replace spark plugs, clean the injectors, and clean the throttle body. They want $815.00 which includes the cost of the tow there (which was 85 bucks) and new fuel. So my question is does this sound like it could be the problem. I fear that even after all this is done the the code P0123 will still not go away. I'm just wondering if the car sitting since april would cause all these problems or not. Thanks a lot.

Wes

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THE YEAR MATTERS
THE MILES MATTER
THE MODS MATTER

That said, their shot-gun approach does NOT sound likely, just guesswork.

Gen 2? Depending on answers above, could be oxy sensors, or even cats, fouled by some other thing like injector, coil, plugs, or that BAD TPS you replaced...

NOTICE TO EVERYONE: When you ask / answer a question: THE YEAR MATTERS !!!!

To answer your last question: Did the battery die during April-October storage? If so, it might just need a new battrey, and a re-learn of the idle program. YEAR MATTERS. Fuel does not go bad in 6-7 mos.....esp for a low-compression, low rpm motor's needs

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2006 coupe
7900 miles
the only mods now are corsa exhaust
it was supercharged by the previous owner awhile back...don't know when to be sure..I don't know if the battery died or not during that time period.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2006 coupe
Are the gas tanks in the coupes different than the tanks in a vert? Because in a vert there is no "dropping the tank". To remove the tank requires CUTTING A HOLE in the rear trunk!

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
stuff just isn't adding up..I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to **** it up and lose a couple hundred for the tow and "diagnostic charge" and take it to a dealership that actually knows something.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are VERY few dealerships who know anything about vipers....

ART in buda texas.

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While I hear ART is good they are a little far from me..bout 3 hours. I've heard some good things about Tomball dodge and hear the tech there is very good. I'll be talking with him tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960