Don't show this to your Viper!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Don\'t show this to your Viper!!!

Well, since we carry both ( we have 2 Z's in stock ) , I can attest that they do seem to be doing fairly well, but...........
The Snake is selliing ALOT better!!! Nissan will try and sell only 20,000 350Z's,but DC only made 1463 Vipers for Worldwide consumption,so.........whadda you think will be more valuable in years to come? Vipers 1, Edmunds 0 ---again.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just bought a 350Z for my daily driver (a little more nimble than my Duramax Dually!). I have to say it's a lot of fun to drive especially in the curves. It has some gawk factor right now but that will change as it enters the mass market. It's a good car for the market it's aimed for and the Viper really has no competition here in terms of sheer power, gawk factor/coolness, etc. I believe the 350Z is screaming for a turbo setup.

One of the reasons I bought it was that it's rear-wheel drive and has similar handling as my Viper. I can keep my track skills sharp without having to abuse the Viper. I don't want to use my Viper as a daily driver because security is a concern of mine.

Hands down, Vipers are still the best!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Click the "World's Fastest" tab on the article. The Viper is there the "Z" is not. Had a new silver 350Z park next to me yesterday. Nice looking car. Definitely has much nicer stock exhaust tips than our Vipers. My first car was a new Datsun 240Z. Nice to see Nissan getting it's act back together including also Infinity. The new G35 Coupe is beautiful and their current TV add with the kid growing up through the years addicted to speed and ending up in a black G35 Coupe is also excellent marketing. I've got a Q45 and the quality and value/$ and customer service after the sale are the best I've ever experienced. Might have to get a new "Z" too.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well...the article looks pretty good to me...Worlds Fastest: Yellow '01 Viper GTS w/black stripes(knew it all along
smile.gif
)

Wonder of SunRaKat has seen this?

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not impressed with the 350Z. Oct 4th I had the chance to run Mid Ohio in my Z06, a 350Z Sport model was there in my run group. I lapped the 350Z twice during each 30 minute session. The car just did not have it.

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaryA:
I believe the 350Z is screaming for a turbo setup.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumor has it NISMO is making a supercharger for it. That means it will be covered by Nissan should anything go wrong. It will not be long before Stillen releases a forced induction kit for it either. Steve Millen is on top of Nissan like you would not believe.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the list was interesting:

Honda
Mercedes
Porsche
BMW
Ford
Chevy
bla
bla
bla

and then a lone Ferrari.

Then there is the "Other" List:

Ferrari(s)
Lambo
Astin Martin
Jag
McClaren
bla
bla
bla

I'm glad the Viper was not on the 1st list.

Those were just "cars." (except for the lone Ferrari that is)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cstegall:

Well...the article looks pretty good to me...Worlds Fastest: Yellow '01 Viper GTS w/black stripes(knew it all along
smile.gif
)

Wonder of SunRaKat has seen this?

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ha..Ha..good point, however, I do enjoy watching my solid red GTS in the " Magic Carpet " DVD. I thought Dodge used the solid red GTS because they know it is the fastest color?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TacDoc:
Not impressed with the 350Z. Oct 4th I had the chance to run Mid Ohio in my Z06, a 350Z Sport model was there in my run group. I lapped the 350Z twice during each 30 minute session. The car just did not have it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
IMO a 405 hp Z06 and a 280 hp 350Z should not be running in the same class anyway and is not a fair comparison or evaluation of the 350Z. I also believe the 350Z is about $15K cheaper. Also, TacDoc, maybe you are a much better driver than the 350Z pilot.
No flame...just observation.

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I drove the 350Z recently. Beautiful car with lots of neat gadgets. Good ride, nice shifter feel, but the power never came on. I'm absolutely ruined in trying to quantify power in other cars after driving Vipers for 4 years. I told the sales manager that I liked the car and tried to be kind in giving feedback on it's power, but, my benchmark is just too high. I suppose if we're going to own most other performance cars, we just have to lower our expectations in terms of power and torque.

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wouldnt want a Viper sitting in the same category as a Suzuki Aerio, anyhow
tongue.gif

You must be registered for see images

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Johns:
I told the sales manager that I liked the car and tried to be kind in giving feedback on it's power, but, my benchmark is just too high. I suppose if we're going to own most other performance cars, we just have to lower our expectations in terms of power and torque.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with John. I went back to the dealer a couple of days after I bought the 350Z and all the sales staff were eagerly awaiting my assessment. I told them it was a very good handling car but it just needed more HP. They couldn't believe I said this until I told them that my Viper had 600 RWHP more than the 350Z! It's still a fun car to drive, but it's not in the same class with the Z06 or the Viper. However, for a car in the low $30K price range, it's very nice! I really like mine.