Door panel Material

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what the door panels are made from, panel not the vinyl. Not sure if there is any difference but I have a 96 GTS. I did see a stamp on the panel of PVC, I don’t think that is the answer? I need to repair a crack and want to get the correct bonding agent.

Thanks,

Chris

OP
OP
S

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. Im actually in the process of recovering some interior pieces and working on another project using SEM coats. I need to place an order and wanted to try this product-

SEM Products - Catalog

Chris

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez Chris...how much spare time do you have? Guess I better quit posting and start tearing into my car ;)

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, SEM products are great
use the one you posted (black)
the clear one tries too quickly and is not as flexible
I've used this on everything from urethane bumpers to headlight housings; it stays flexible and sticks like crazy glue ;)

OP
OP
S

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez Chris...how much spare time do you have? Guess I better quit posting and start tearing into my car ;)

None really that is why I get to start working on these projects after the family goes to bed, like well now. :)

SEM has a product that can be used instead of vinyl and is a spray on that looks like vinyl. I am considering if I want to apply new vinyl to my vertical trim panels or spray them with SEM. I will know this weekend when I get the SEM coat and the allsport 4 way vinyl.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, and I thought some of that red stuff would look really cool stretched over the white hood vents of yours!

Seriously, While I wouldn't do snakeskin inside my car, Maurice did put black snakeskin leather patterned inserts into the center section of his seats of his SSG. It is subtle and tastefully done. It works really well in that car.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, and I thought some of that red stuff would look really cool stretched over the white hood vents of yours!

Seriously, While I wouldn't do snakeskin inside my car, Maurice did put black snakeskin leather patterned inserts into the center section of his seats of his SSG. It is subtle and tastefully done. It works really well in that car.

You leave my white hood vents alone!!!

:D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning of the allsport 4 way vinyl. I was thinking about doing some restoration in another car. Your post gave me a starting point and I found this great link:

Your Auto Trim Store

They have some cool snakeskin patterns if you want to get creative!

Snake Print Faux Leathers

Hmm...some of that faux leather stuff looks like it may make a good replacement for the shag on the door panels. I've been contemplating getting rid of the shag as it's coming apart on me.

OP
OP
S

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Auto Trim Store

Is where I ordered from, Allsport Black should be a close match. It is a 4 way stretch so I should be able to cover my panels with a little heat and tugging. I'm pulling the carpet on the doors and may get crazy with an actual panel build out.

Chris

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm...thoughts on covering a 96 or older dash with vynal...anyone up for that??? Dave???? Chris???? Bueler????