DOUG LEVIN LIED TO ME !!!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He promised to detune my Viper (to make it more streetable)... said it was going to be tamer... said it was only going to run 12-13 PSI of boost.

This evening I was out for a leisurely spin in the yellow beast, and really got on it for the first time in quite a while. The weather has cooled down out here in NorCal, and I had forgotten how much of a difference that makes.

So after spinning second (natch) I snicked into 3rd and laid into the throttle. The darn thing made 15 PSI of boost just above 5000 RPM, then spun both rears at 100 MPH.

Now my palms have started sweating again. Arrrrgh!

(Thanks Doug, it's running like a champ. And it IS more controllable. It's just not much slower :) )

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Treynor.. I shed crocodile tears for your terrible plight. :p
It must be terrible to live a life where you are forced into an overpowered Viper!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait till he lies to me too :2tu: Treynor I have to beg Doug to get him to let me run 15lbs of boost on my car lol :D

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben -

I feel your pain. He promised me 700hp at the tires. And at 11lb of boost, we had 850!

I'm glad that my car is _truly_ tuned down, because it is _almost_ too much for me right now.

JD

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your pain -- Doug Levin AKA: THE HORSEPOWER SAND BAGGER lied to me also :( . He told me to expect (in his words) "at least 600 rwhp." Well, every good deed is never left unpunished. So I got 736 rear wheel ponies :laugh: .

Next stop will be my long journey back to DLM for some more SANDBAGGING :cool: . Please Doug if you can fit me in :p :) .

lol :2tu:
-Lou

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben, Doug took me for a ride a couple of weeks ago in your car. It's tame .......... ummm yea aaaaa tame that's it ummmmm tame.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have pics of the engine?

2000 GTS Steel Grey
Six piston Bier claws up front, front brakes in back
Quaife Differential, GKH half shafts, alloy fly wheel,
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&N air filters, Optima battery,

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta ask this. When Doug says "expect at least 600ho". Do you think he knows it will be more like 750hp? I mean is he like saying it will be "this", so when you get the results back, even though he was well aware of them, you are like, "now way?". Either way he is a awesome modder and tuner.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta ask this. When Doug says "expect at least 600ho". Do you think he knows it will be more like 750hp? I mean is he like saying it will be "this", so when you get the results back, even though he was well aware of them, you are like, "now way?". Either way he is a awesome modder and tuner.
I think that it's that he is learning how to get more from his setup.