Drag Race/ Grudge Night at Sac Raceway 5-12-07

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saturday 5/12/07 myself, ILLSMOQ and another buddy with a SRT8 Jeep are heading to track to drag race. Its the first night of grudge fest. So its side by side drag racing. All for fun. Should be other Vettes and usually high powered Camaros to play with too.
It starts at 4pm-10pm. We will probably leave San Jose area around 1pm. If anyone else joins us then we can plan a caravan. Its $50 for car/driver.
P.S They let me run 11's in my Viper,no roll bar needed.

http://sacramentoraceway.com/

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got back and was able to pull a 11.6@120mph with a 1.9 60ft on PS2's. Funny thing is, I ran a quicker time then when I had runflats but I could never get my 60ft down and my mph was lower. Biggest difference with PS2's was when I shifted to 2nd and 3rd, there was no big wheel spin like with runflats. So that must have helped my times. My first three runs were 11.8's at 120-122mph. Then last run was the lucky one.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was fun.....but there were way to many cars. When we arrived there were only 10 or so cars running test and tune and they were getting all the runs they wanted. Next time we should do test and tune rather than grudge fest.

I got 4 runs in, my best was 11.9x at 123.xx Need to work on the launch.

NorCalSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice times. I would have gone but had the G/F's parnets in town. Any other Vipers there? When you guys are down to go on a Wednesday (get 10-15 runs in a few hours), let me know.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice times. I would have gone but had the G/F's parnets in town. Any other Vipers there? When you guys are down to go on a Wednesday (get 10-15 runs in a few hours), let me know.

Wednesday night is too hard, its a 2-2 1/2 hour drive from San Jose.

And there were four other Vipers there and 2 new c6 ZO6's when we got there. They were there for the daytime test n tune. They had about 10-15 runs too. Next time Ill do test n tune again. Thats what I did in january and got all the runs i wanted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth