Drag Race - Maryland 7/31

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The NSCA American Super Car Challenge (ASC) is coming back to Maryland. The will be at Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek MD the weekend of July 31st.

The ASC is pure heads-up racing in Vette v. Viper fashion until we run out of one of them.

Time trials/qualifications on Saturday morning and eliminations to held in the later afternoon

Racing is done in four classes
11.50 and slower
10.50 to 11.50
9.50 to 10.50
and Unlimited

Hope to beat (...ummm see) ya there Full rules for the classes and payout information at http://nsca-racing.com/supercar.htm

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sarcasm,.... nice

Viper usa, sure you can ask.

I am in the market right now.

Why, will you come race if I buy one?

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this will clear things up.

When you get a Viper, can I get a ride?

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To see me run agenst his vette? I run fast man, you better be prepared, I even have to attach a parachuit to my back to slow me down.

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't just drop in, race your car! I'm driving 4 1/2 hrs to beat up on Edgar in a bone stock Gen II RT on Pilots and so can you! Seriously, guys, let's have more than 4 Vipers show up. It's fun.

Paul

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To see me run agenst his vette? I run fast man, you better be prepared, I even have to attach a parachuit to my back to slow me down.

I don't need a parachute.

I thought Vipers had better brakes then Vettes?

Guess not then.

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't just drop in, race your car! I'm driving 4 1/2 hrs to beat up on Edgar in a bone stock Gen II RT on Pilots and so can you! Seriously, guys, let's have more than 4 Vipers show up. It's fun.

Paul

Hey I am driving the same distance (maybe a little less) to take all comers LOL

I even cleaned up the car so it looks good crossing the stripe ahead you Paul

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Edgar, let me tell you something right now. No matter how well you've cleaned your car, it'll never be as shiny as my Viper. We're talkin' 7 coats of Zino, dude. It's like Martha Stewart herself detailed it. You won't be able to concentrate at the light. Distraction will be my strategy on Saturday.

And just so you know, I'm a good sport. I won't let your hard work go to waste. I promise to clean my exhaust carbon off your front fascia once we're done. I'll wait up for you on the return road.

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see it is clean but is there any rubber on and under the rear quarters like mine?

You car may be afaid to go down the track for fear it is going to get dirty

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edgar, let me tell you something right now. No matter how well you've cleaned your car, it'll never be as shiny as my Viper. We're talkin' 7 coats of Zino, dude. It's like Martha Stewart herself detailed it. You won't be able to concentrate at the light. Distraction will be my strategy on Saturday.

Man oh man, is that what the gleeming light from the north is coming from?

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't need a parachute.

I thought Vipers had better brakes then Vettes?

Guess not then.

I'm not talking about a Viper, I'm talking about racing you on-foot!

LSs1Power

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesnt look good soo far for the weather on SAT. Are u guys still going regardless? Can anyone confirm if the event is still a go?

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure what weather you are looking at but www.accuweather.com is showing no rain Saturday.

The event is definitily a go.

We will be racing amongst professional drivers who come from all over the country to race NSCA.

You could not ask for a better sticky track situation.

Speaking of sticky, man it is going to be hot.

I am glad this track is IHRA and I can run to 11.50 without my firt jacket.

Hope to see you there

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When does the racing start on Saturday (tomorrow)?? And is this just Vipers and Vettes or is this a bunch of other stuff too? The MIR schedule doesn't say Viper/Vette shootout and its 20 bucks to watch?

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CROM, sorry I missed you before I left. The racing is with Pro and Amateur street car racing. Real nice show with cars as quick as 6.60s

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to the NSCA American Super Car Challenge (Vettes vs. Vipers) race in Maryland and was joined by some of our Corvette Challenge racers (one who is yet to make a pass but watch out cause he should be ready for Sept;))

Qualifying for the six cars in attendance as follows

Genuine Street (11.50)
Edgar Perez (Corvette)
Ernie King (Corvette)
Dick Link (Corvette)
Paul Ziajski (Viper)

Serious Street (10.50)
Jerry Land (Corvette)

Extreme Street (9.50)
John Carter (Corvette)

First round of Genuine
Ernie and Dick gave us an OUTSTANDING race when both driver cut almost identical lights and ran 11.95 to 11.96. Number 3 Link got the win by .053 at the stripe.

The one vs four race ended up being a competition bye as Paul's clutch in his Viper was acting up so he passed to save it for the five hour drive back home so I took the win.

Second round Genuine was me vs Link.
Link went in deep, I tapped an extra bump and he treed the crap out of me. However he spun a little and I caught and crossed the stripe ahead of him by .2

Serious Street
With only car in the class we had Jerry run John (without nitrous) and he easily took the win.

Extreme Street
Again Jerry vs. John (this time all out with the Nitrous. Both cars all out were about half second apart so this was going to good race.
In an odd race, Carter goes red (pro tree so he jump way early) and when Jerry went to leave, car popped out of gear. Jerry took the win in two classes. Way to go.