Drag Radials on the street.

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999RT10

Can you run Drag radials on the street, with traction success? (no rain, no cornering fast!)
Which Brand fits the 18 inch stock rim, best?

Cheers

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BF goodrich DR's are the preferred brand and YES they work well on the street if you dont corner HARD

mdurbahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had the 345 18 bfg drag radials on my street car for 1 day then i took them off. they aren't fun to drive with.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've ran DR's on a few of my DD's over the years. Nitto's are the best for all around performance/tire life. I'll be buying a set of the new Hoosier DR's for my GTS soon.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really can't have fun with the car with drag radials unless your going straight. As far as I am concerned there dangerous. I even hate to drive them to the drag strip but, it's the only way for me. The front tires seem to track harder and I found it harder to control. I run MT drag radials at the strip.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really can't have fun with the car with drag radials unless your going straight. As far as I am concerned there dangerous. I even hate to drive them to the drag strip but, it's the only way for me. The front tires seem to track harder and I found it harder to control. I run MT drag radials at the strip.

You ought to try bias ply slicks at 12 psi.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run DRs on my car full time for the last year and a half. I have never driveen anything other than DRs so I have nothing to compare them to. I am running BFG's now and I am going to MT's next.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run DRs on my car full time for the last year and a half. I have never driveen anything other than DRs so I have nothing to compare them to. I am running BFG's now and I am going to MT's next.

8 sec. 1/4 mile? I would love to see yours on the track!!!:2tu::2tu: Do you run 3.07 gears?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I went from BFGs to the MT ETs. Noticable difference in handling and "feel".
Not to mention the bite...:2tu:

FWIW...the MTs are a little taller

You will like the MT's..:D

m_007.jpg

m_003.jpg

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the 18" BFGs for 2 years and had nothing to complain about except getting caught in the sudden rain showers!

I even ran them on a road course and had a blast. So as far as "not cornering fast", they just need some miles on them and 35psi and they perform great.

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the right tire pressure NITTO555 DR's handle great. I run them all of the time and love them. Not the greatest in the rain, but anything else is great.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the 18" BFGs for 2 years and had nothing to complain about except getting caught in the sudden rain showers!

I even ran them on a road course and had a blast. So as far as "not cornering fast", they just need some miles on them and 35psi and they perform great.

I have never tried mine in the rain, but from what I have heard "Just step away from the car!!!!"

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 sec. 1/4 mile? I would love to see yours on the track!!!:2tu::2tu: Do you run 3.07 gears?

Well, my best time last year on a bad tranny and ****ty launch on about 800HP was an 11.02 @ 148.

Just got off the Dyno and needless to say more than twice that, new gforce tranny, 2 step and line lock are now working.

Now I just need to go out and learn to drive and once I break my axles and rear end I guess I will upgrade those too.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my best time last year on a bad tranny and ****ty launch on about 800HP was an 11.02 @ 148.

Just got off the Dyno and needless to say more than twice that, new gforce tranny, 2 step and line lock are now working.

Now I just need to go out and learn to drive and once I break my axles and rear end I guess I will upgrade those too.

My best last year with it not running properly(found out after I had a couple of bad injectors) was 11.36 @ 128. Hope to get out on a friday nite this year and turn in 10's. Hey, does that sound like an excuse for a cruise? :lmao:

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to cut low 1.5x 60fts last time I ran, but just like you my tranny was bad and now I have a G-Force as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang