Dream Car Garage Complete!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a link to the thread I was remembering. My ceiling is just over 12 ft and I can go the full height of the lift with a Viper on top. Garage door up or down. Garage discussion post

I installed 1 extra panel to the door (not 4 ft) and raised the tracks as you can see in the picture below.

225dsc04593_800x-med.jpg

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT
I too am going 1 extra panel on the garage door on the new house!!
and thanks for the info on the tiles. the wifey wont let me put plastic tiles in
the new garage.
your look awesome and no plastic!! SWEET!!!

thanks
Jim

OP
OP
S

schorvitz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a buyer for one of the lifts, but unfortunately he backed out after months of waiting. I have a lift for sale again. Please contact me if interested. I really need to make room and have one removed.

Thanks!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ultgar that is incredible. Looks very expensive but incredible.

I still do not understand how the garage door is hidden. Seems like the joists would be in the way. Could be lucky and they could be parallel with the door.

Love the tile. Both floor and walls. Thinking about replacing my vinyl tile with real tile. How durable would that be for regular use (and with water)?

ultgar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joists do run parallel with the door (I got lucky) or it would have meant ripping out more of the already tiled ceiling to frame the pocket. Floor tiles are very durable although can be a bit slippery when wet (they make an anti-slip version of the tile but the finish is a bit dull in my opinion). SD

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! The garage looks great. I have the Perfect Park garage lift, and I am very happy with it. It is extremely sturdy.

131perfect_park_2-med.jpg

Laura,

I have a low garage ceiling like you-- with a center support beam too. How high is your ceiling?

Thanks,

Go Fast

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim - the floor tiles are the commercial tile from Home Depot. Chose them over the plastic snap together type for easier clean-up, etc. I have central vac in the garage so clean-up is not a problem.

J Smith - 10'6" should work okay. To gain maximum clearance so you can go to full height you may want to raise the garage door to as high as possible and locate the opener to the side. On a different thread we discussed ceiling heights and measurements some time during the winter.
SRT are those 24" tiles? I looked at HD but only found the 12" tiles that did not come in white. Do you remember the manufacture?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill the tiles are 12" grouped in 4's. I tried a 12" pattern first and found it a little too busy.

The tiles are from Home Depot. Not sure of th ebrand.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the black have small wite marks and the white have small black marks. From a few feet away they seem solid colored though.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing this post I went to Home depot to look at what they had. The speckled units are .59 ea, but they have some solid B or W for .29 ea, but they are not comercial grade (both are priced very reasonable). I plan on completing my garage once it warms up with the squares. The epoxy paint I put down isn't holding up and is slippery as heck when wet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4