Driver seat wear spot outboard ot bolster...seatbelt wear?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably from you hitting the bolster with your backside on the way into (and possibly out of) the car. Seems pretty common. Every car as low as the Viper is going to be subject to this, it's unavoidable.

The cure? Don't drive your car or make sure you don't rub the bolster getting in the car. Neither is easy. :laugh:

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the passenger seat and switched it over to the driver's side to help with the problem, but now I have two seats with wear on the left side of the bolster. I guess you can go to an upholstry shop and have the vinyl replaced with leather, which should help the problem. I don't know how easy it would be to match the colors. I agree with kcobean, it is not easy to avoid the wear on the bolster, and it is a common problem with the Viper. It's something you just have to live with, especially if you like driving your car, and not just looking at it in the garage. :eek:

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,
Can you take the seat apart without much difficulty? I looked at it, and it looks like it might be quite a project, any secrets to taking the top part of the seat apart? I know the bottom is easy to remove, wish the top part was as easy.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking my driver's seat out and having the side bolster re-done by an upholstery shop is on my winter to-do list. I'd also be interested in any tips on taking out the seat and disconnecting the top part from the bottom... ;)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seat is light, and quite easy to remove.

Slide seat all the way forward. Use socket to remove the two rear bolts.

Slide the seat all the way back and remove the front two bolts.

Reach under and disconnect any couplings.

Carefully pull seat out of car.

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I replaced my stock seats with some from Momo racing. My advice: Make sure you protect everything before you remove the seat from the car. The seat is bulky and there is not a lot of clearance so I suggest some towels (secured with blue painters masking tape) on every surface the seat may contact when being removed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave