Drivers door electronic handle quit working

markwms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of a sudden, it appears there is a short in the electronic door mechanism on my drivers door. It won't open the door when pressed from the outside but the door works fine with the inside handle.

I'm not sure if it's related, but the doors will not lock either. I've tried with the inside lock button and the key fob and neither door will lock.

Is there anything I can check out myself without having to deal with taking it in for service?

Thanks

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to get out of the car if the inside door handle quits working
I haven't

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep a small hammer or window punch with you in the car in case of emergency...The Vipers doors and windows may malfunction if water is involved....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen 4 did that a few times. I would restart the engine and the door would reset itself, something like a PC that needs a reboot.

I would think it would be just like the previous two gen's. The inside handle (if I'm not mistaken) is a manual handle so when you pull on it the door should still open.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The inside door handle is mechanical, not electric. Only the exterior handle is electric. So, you can get out just fine if the power dies. The only difference is that the window won't index down like usual.

Someone else had a similar issue, said it was related to washing the car and getting water inside the door?

NastyGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All of a sudden, it appears there is a short in the electronic door mechanism on my drivers door. It won't open the door when pressed from the outside but the door works fine with the inside handle.

I'm not sure if it's related, but the doors will not lock either. I've tried with the inside lock button and the key fob and neither door will lock.

Is there anything I can check out myself without having to deal with taking it in for service?

Thanks

Modules inside the door......been there did that Gen V. Dealer took door apart and repaired......roughly 3 hrs