Drove an SRT for the first time.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday my dealership took in an 03 Red SRT with 4k miles. I drove it home last night.

I guess after all the hype on how great it drives, I'm not impressed. It is a great car(and definitely faster than Gen 1's and 2's). I just was expecting it to ride alot better.

I think the ride difference between an RT-10 and an SRT is a big difference. The ride quality from a GTS to an SRT seems to be about the same.

If I were a top down person, the SRT would be the way to go.

P.S. It's for sale and we take trades.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess after all the hype on how great it drives, I'm not impressed. I just was expecting it to ride alot better.

What were you expecting? It's not supposed to feel like a Caddy or luxury car. It's rough - that's Viper, and it drives great!

How'd you like the seats? Too tight in the *** for me.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I guess after all the hype on how great it drives, I'm not impressed. It is a great car(and definitely faster than Gen 1's and 2's). I just was expecting it to ride alot better. P.S. It's for sale and we take trades. >>

Oh-K. That is quite the sales pitch you got there jeff. :D

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT has a stiff, jiggly ride. It has razor-sharp turn-in, and much improved power-down traction compared to the Gen2. I won't even get into how vastly superior the brakes are.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck
Wasn't expecting a Caddy like ride. My *** fits fine(how big is yours ? LOL !!)

BIG,
No sales pitch needed on this car. You either want one or you don't.

Dean,
The brakes and handling are great. I was just expecting a little less rattles and a better ride quality.

I said it's a great car, just not for me. I'll stick with a GTS.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"I'm not impressed" and "I was just expecting a little less rattles and a better ride quality. I said it's a great car, just not for me. I'll stick with a GTS."

TwinVipers,
Not many on this board would say anything bad about the car they are selling. Pretty impressed with the honest evaluation.
Thanks!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Jeff I am going to help you out here. I will bring you $500 cash ( a few quarters and nickles included) and take that car off you hands. No need to thank me now, Ill save that for another favor down the road !!! ;)

Hey whats a brother for ?? LOL

On a serious note did you pick up the TT beast ?

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks JW

The quarters and nickels might just get the deal done...

The TT laid down over 900RWHP on low boost and the clutch wouldn't hold. New cluutch will be in by Wed. or Thurs. Dyno numbers and track time should be complete by next Saturday if all goes well.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Sounds scary.........I bet youll bust the 1000HP mark when you have it all working......(dont forget the yellow alone is good for about 75HP with the stripes adding another 50).

CAn't wait to see it................ :2tu:

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red's my color, I live next door in stamford CT, could swing by tomorrow with $58K cash if thats enough to take it away?

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went in a ride for a srt the other day, Im really thinking about selling my 01 rt10 and pick up a srt, let me kow if anyone wants it.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I'm not impressed" and "I was just expecting a little less rattles and a better ride quality. I said it's a great car, just not for me. I'll stick with a GTS."

TwinVipers,
Not many on this board would say anything bad about the car they are selling. Pretty impressed with the honest evaluation.
Thanks!

I totally agree.

Thats very honest and I really respect that.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need4Speed
For 58k I would buy 10 of them. They are doing well over 61k at the dealer auctions. If anyone has one,2 or 10 of them with these miles for 58K, I'll take them all.

STUGOTS
Thanks...

snakeman
Maybe we could work out a deal ? With the tax savings on your trade, it might just work out.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went in a ride for a srt the other day, Im really thinking about selling my 01 rt10 and pick up a srt, let me kow if anyone wants it.

I don't know twinvipers, but I'm willing to bet he'd take that 01RT and work out a deal on that SRT and make the deal quick and painless. All it would take is a "few" extra dollars. Again, just an educated guess.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream, right guys?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang