Dust Boots For Stock Calipers

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While in the process of going over our cars in preparation for the Viper Days finals, I found that the dust seals on our stock from calipers have been fried by the brake heat. Not a surprise really, given the temperatures that the titanium pistons can stand and the fact that I had mostly used up a set of Brakeman #4 pads.

Question is - does anyone know where to get replacement dust seals? Dodge has seal and boot sets available but they are about $45 per piston as best as I can figure out. That would mean about $180 per caliper!!! Are there any other alternatives???

Thanks in advance!!

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The best price for dust boots for the Viper can be found at Truechoice Motorsports in Hilliard, OH. The phone is: 614-876-3483. You will need 4 ea. of 20.4872.47 and 4 ea. of 20.4872.45. The price is $3.75 per boot. I change mine every year, since track events fry them. They also have the piston seals but I have never found these to need replacement.

OP
OP
H

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry and Tom, thanks for the info!!! Talked to Truechoice and ordered dust boots at $3.75-10% each!!! Seems like they have other interesting stuff so I'm getting a catalog and adding them to my list of regular suppliers.

Thanks again!!

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the rear calipers? I found seal kits at, of all places, carparts.com. I have not installed seals yet, any tricks there in light of e-brake integral to caliper? Any other sources for the seals? Note that Dodge shows that rear calipers must be serviced as a UNIT, at over $300 a pop!

Keith