Dust proof car cover?

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer. Which car over is best at keeping dust off a car parked inside a garage? I have a black 2008 and my current cover isn't getting the job done.

That's for the help.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its almost better to just keep dusting or washing properly as covers can easily scratch the finish putting them on and off. If you do get a cover, get one that has the soft flannel inside but even the flannel can attract particles that might scratch if not careful.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For garage storage, you may want to look at what body shops cover cars with. The brand I bought from a body shop supply house is called Smart Plasting Sheeting. It comes on a very compact roll and is 20' wide by
320' long. It is marked as to which side goes against the cars paint. Once the car is clean, just cover the entire vehicle with this plastic sheeting and it sort of ***** itself to the car like cling wrap. You can also use painters tape to tape the edges to the garage floor in case you have a breezy location....this also helps keep dust from getting to your rims, chassis, etc. The beauty of this stuff is us it once, throw it away. No drama with trying to clean a car cover, scratching, etc.

I think I paid under $70.00 for the roll.

Cheers,
George

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the OEM cover. Used it on my black 04 for 5 years in the garage never had a problem. Always dusted car off before putting it on. It is a mamba version. If you want to try it shoot me a pm with an offer.