Dynamat??

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone heard about dynamat sound and heat insulation? I am a Hummer owner and am planning on installing this material in my truck to reduce cabin noise and heat.
I have discovered that one is able to lower up to 20 db with the stuff if done correctly, not to mention major heat reduction. I know my '02 GTS gets hot as hell in summer here in sunny Chicago. I also have headers/Corsa catback/Hitechs, so that exhaust note is extremely irritating after a long day of cruising around town in the Snake.

I'll post my input once installed in my car.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please let me know what you find. I am also in Chicagoland and looking for a good install shop to do door panels at least.

Thanks

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would check out b-quiet.com and look at a product called b-quiet ultimate. Much less expensive that dynamat.

I did my rear hatch area with this on my GTS and it does work. However 20db is overly optimistic. Probably 3-5db loss is more realistic.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am most curious about door application. There isn't much area to apply this stuff to... and door cover is plastic so I am not sure if it will even help??