Dyno'd my "new" '97 last night....

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno\'d my \"new\" \'97 last night....

I just purchased this car on Friday evening. (Guilly know all about the car being that I got it from a buddy of his.) It has a cat-back exhaust, the K&N intake and a reflashed ECU. That's all I know of.

You must be registered for see images

The second pull, (not shown), was shut down early at about 5-5100 rpm due to a little bit of detonation. At that point it was nearly 456 rwhp. I think it needs a little bit of timing taken out. I was only running it on our crappy AZ summer-blend 91. I wonder what it would do with some good gas in the tank?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Dyno\'d my

Very strong for those mods.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those number are very good. As a matter of fact, probably too good for the mods you have listed. I would expect to see that power from full headers & exhaust, the intake, the ECU and possibly some higher ratio roller rockers. If you definitely don't have those mods, the reflash of your controller is top-notch.

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I double checked to see if the car had a set of roller rockers, too. I pulled the ds valve cover and it doesn't.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Those are SAE corrected numbers. The dyno corrects automatically.

Yeah I see that on the graph now. Dynojets usually says SAE on the X axis but yours says it in the header and footer. From the look of it SAE corrected the actual numbers by 6%, which means you put down 426rwhp and 452rwtq. Are you in a high elevation? I am near sea level and my dyno runs are usually corrected ~.98 which takes away 2%.

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are at about 1250' above sea level. That in combination with the barometer, temp and humidity at that time gave that correction factor.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dyno\'d my \"new\" \'97 last night....

Great numbers!!

May I ask who reflashed Your ECU and how much did they charge? I want to get mine done petty soon after I lower my viper First.
Thanks

:usa: :2tu: :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great numbers!!

May I ask who reflashed Your ECU and how much did they charge? I want to get mine done petty soon after I lower my viper First.
Thanks

:usa: :2tu: :usa:

last I knew west coast and DC are the only 2 that did it

I may be wrong tho.

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, I don't know the exact details. The original owner died. However, there is a Chrysler sticker on the ECU box that says:

Reprogram ECU

New # 4848702AF

Change Authority Dealer Code Date

75B 44072 10/20/99

Does this make any sense to anyone?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is a factory-authorized dealer reprogram of the JTEC, or an OEM replacement. It was probably done to take care of an emissions-related problem, or simply a bad controller. EPA emissions certification and warranty are why there is a sticker on the box.

I've seen your dyno sheets, but somehow I remain highly skeptical about the mods:hp ratio.

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is a factory-authorized dealer reprogram of the JTEC, or an OEM replacement. It was probably done to take care of an emissions-related problem, or simply a bad controller. EPA emissions certification and warranty are why there is a sticker on the box.

I've seen your dyno sheets, but somehow I remain highly skeptical about the mods:hp ratio.

Well, that's what it is. I have seen no other mechanical changes to the car. Stock rockers, stock exhaust manifolds, cats, throttle bodies, pulleys, etc.

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What type of exhaust is he running?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21