DYNOMATTING

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Viper owner here ever Dynomat their entire car(or parts of) ? I know some VehiCross owners (I have one of those, too) and they say it makes a great different blocking out road/engine noice, etc. Anyone know how much is costs, did it help with the heat, acoustics, and engine/road noise? Thanks in advance.

Baron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dynamated the entire hatch area of the car (from the top shelf back). I did it first and foremost because I did a custom subwoofer enclosure in the back and I didn't want anything to rattle. As soon as I started the car after installing the dynamat, I immediately noticed that things got quieter. The creaks that I used to hear occasionally in the back have been diminished bigtime, and the exhaust drone inside have been significantly lowered.

Eventually I'd like to take the seats and carpet out, and then dynamat the floor and the walls behind the seats. I think that would make another drastic reduction in the interior noise.

The installation I did in the back can be found at: http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/013047.html

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For me, to get any signifcant noise damping the amount of dynomat would weight too much.

I want my car lighter, not heavier. IMHO
patriotx.gif

OP
OP
B

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30-40 pounds is worth less heat, better acoustics, less noise to me, anyway. That probably = to 2-3 HP.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by monnieh:
For me, to get any signifcant noise damping the amount of dynomat would weight too much.

I want my car lighter, not heavier. IMHO
patriotx.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree, while yes it increases weight, the amount is so trivial it isnt a factor. if youre worried about the weight increase that much then you should remove the spare, the jack, the A/C, etc. dynomatting is a great solution to noise reduction

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">What is the best (cheapest) way to acquire Dynomat?</FONT f>

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must have gotten some incorrect information. My understanding is that it will add 100 - 200lbs to your car do dynomat the entire chassis interior. Which, from my experiance, is what you basically have to do to get signifcant noise reduction.

HOWEVER, I did just check out their site and they have a "new" dyomat that is 50% less weight and does heat shielding. Now that would be worth doing. However, just like all their other products, it is quite pricey.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my ENTIRE Viper! Took it to Custom Car Stereo in Houston. Do a search and put in "Lotta Pics of my new Stereo System". I have pics of the whole project, install, costs, the whole 9 yards. The search icon is at the top of the page on your far right.

OP
OP
B

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
I did my ENTIRE Viper! Took it to Custom Car Stereo in Houston. Do a search and put in "Lotta Pics of my new Stereo System". I have pics of the whole project, install, costs, the whole 9 yards. The search icon is at the top of the page on your far right.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, nice set up. But I did not see the cost of the dynomatting. Percentage wise, how much less road and engine moice did it stop? And did it help with the heat?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It stopped a tremendous amt of noise. That was the incredible thing about it. Did it block heat from the Viper? No way.

OP
OP
B

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get some glasses, Trey. LOL. How much $$$ for the dynomatting? Unless I am being too nosey, let me know. Thanks man! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
It stopped a tremendous amt of noise. That was the incredible thing about it. Did it block heat from the Viper? No way.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by monnieh:
I must have gotten some incorrect information. My understanding is that it will add 100 - 200lbs to your car do dynomat the entire chassis interior. Which, from my experiance, is what you basically have to do to get signifcant noise reduction.

HOWEVER, I did just check out their site and they have a "new" dyomat that is 50% less weight and does heat shielding. Now that would be worth doing. However, just like all their other products, it is quite pricey.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dynomat is not that heavy. Some people add clay to the doors to help lower the resonance of the cabin area. Personally, I wouldn't do that in a viper but for a high end sound system, it can help a lot. The viper is the first car I've had that I am not itching to put a big stereo in. Am I getting old or am I just having too much fun driving to care about the music too much?