E-bay works......WOW

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Incredible deal. I'm also a firm believer in buying on ebay as long as you are careful and knowledgable about the scammers, its a great place to buy. Imagine the price of that car if it was part of the Nelson Collection? It would have cost you at least another $10k. Congrats.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here. Purchased my RT/10 on eBay and loved it. Brand new at a dealership that just got over their head. Saved a ton and got the K40, Borla, and Tinted windows included. eBay is more for the buyers when it comes to cars but sellers can do okay as well.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ebay especially works when you work out a deal in advance of the auction end that the transaction is contingent on an inspection by a dealer or a fellow VCA'er. If they have nothing to hide, they would have no problem doing this.

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my 98 GTS with 18k miles for 40,100 about 9 months ago on ebay. Worked out great!

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, EBay can be great on expensive items as long as you do your homework ahead of time to eliminate scams and protect yourself. My personal pet-peeve however, is the seller bail out "car subject to prior sale and early auction end". What a one-way advantage to the seller. I would never bid on such an auction without the same out on the buyer side.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my eleventh car on the Bay last week. (I need to get to Birmingham to pick the thing up.) Got it for 1000 less than my bid. That's a great thing about eBay.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, there are very few North Americans who will buy a car sight unseen. They would as soon buy a house that way. Plus, they don't have the money. True story: I found a car for a friend for 9900 on eBay. He got cold feet and bought virtually the same car locally (Mercury Sable) for 13900, but was happy to "eliminate the risk".
I agree, though, I would have expected more bidders.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960