Ebay Scam

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is to alert anyone here of an attempt to sell 01 tires and wheels.I won these yesterday on ebay for an unusually low amt by a person with 0 rating,and states his address on the auction as "worldwide"I emailed him to say i would set up an escrow acct for the wheels.He emailed me back stating the transaction must be completed within 2-3 days and escrow would not allow that time frame.Before i even responded to him i recieved an email from someone who had bid on them that the "owner" contacted him stating the wheels were for sale again.This is the email.Please beware of this.The mailing address in in London
http://us.f604.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=5090_42127794_467695_1039_1123_0_21562_3180_2495180373&YY=3374&inc=25&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&box=Inbox

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ask him where the wheels can be viewed (even in London) by a VCA member. Want to be he will find an excuse?

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched these on ebay and saw Scott was the high bidder so I did not run the bidding up on him, but after reading this post I emailed the seller to see what kind of reply he would give me and this was it.
hello Chad,
the item is still for sale if you are interested..
thanks

chad harrison <[email protected]> wrote:
Did you sell them? I did not get this email before the bidding ended.
Chad
Sounds like Scott was right Scammmm!!! If he was honest he would set up an escrow account or take a credit card payment.
C~

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have now been contacted by all earlier bidders as to why i did not purchase them,They have all received emails stating they are still for sale.Chad, thanks for the courtesy and the assistance.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only ever seen 2 legit sets of wheels for sale in the UK, very rare over here, the wheels in London ebay scam has been about for a few months now, I offered by drive to London a while back for a viewing and mysteriously they were removed off ebay 10 minutes later and I never had a reply... I knew they couldnt be genuine, zero rating, old pics off another ebay sale

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our internet savvy folks should place an ebay sale with a link to his wheels and say this is a SCAM! Kind of like someone did here a while back on those Viper Parts CD's, they opened an auction that was like 10 cents or FREE,
"contact me, dont pay for something you can get for free". It was a hoot! LOL