EBC Brake Upgrade, who all has doen it?

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am curious as to who has done the EBC Brake upgrade. What I am going to do is run the EBC Red Brake pads and the EBC Slotted and dimpled rotors on my 1994 Viper. Has anyone else already performed this? Does the car seem to brake better than stock? Anyone have any photos? If nothing else, tallest it will look better! Thanks guys.

Randy
[email protected]

OP
OP
B

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck-

what do you like then? 99.9% of my driving will be done on the street and Jon at Partsrack told me that with the slotted/dimpled EBC rotors, EBC reds all the way around would suffice my needs. i am a little leary now though because some guys, in my search, stated that the reds can be dangerous from steet applications. does this hold any truth???

Randy
[email protected]

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are going to run on the street that should be fine. I imagine Chuck was looking out for your best interests , as Reds do not perform well on the track. The rotors are a great replacement for stock,and they do work well for a low priced semi-race rotor. If you decide to go to the track , upgrade to Yellow or Blue EBCs,or go with a Brakeman #3, which alot of us like. Call or email, Chuck, he is pretty much a Florida Hot-Shoe, and will give you correct information at least 75% of the time, ha.

S

SUN RA KAT

I've got EBC Greens all around and the original brake pads with only 2 miles on them in a box gathering real dust, not brake dust. I was wondering if I can just switch the Greens in front with the stock pads or if I should switch all 4 corners to the stock pads for going to Viper Days Very Beginner Driver Training in the spring?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a 97, 98 you can get away with just changing the fronts. The stock rear brakes are nearly useless and don't wear much.

Your 2002 is probably the same but you should check them after a couple sessions to be sure.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run EBC Blues on the front and Greens or Reds on the rear for track use, and have had no problem. The main problem that I have with the reds for street use is that they generate a huge amount of brake dust. The Brakeman #3 pads are a good track pad, but they are very loud and dusty for everyday street use. My recommendation would be to go with the greens for street and keep your wheels pretty, and then switch out for brakeman or EBC yellows for the track.

The EBC rotors are pretty and are well priced, but I'd go with Stoptech slotted rotors (at least on the fronts) for track use. The ventilation is better on the Stoptechs and they are a good strong rotor.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all driving style. If you’re not doing any track events then you may not notice the performance difference between EBC and other pads.

Personally, I don’t think they stop very well. To be honest, I think they stop like crap, both street and track.

I don’t know of very many running EBCs on the track.

Brake dust is an issue with street. EBC has very little dust.

I prefer any of the performance oriented pads. Brakeman, PFC, etc.

Hey ****, 75%??? Hell, that’s good!!! The 25% I’m wrong must be my social-political views.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The green pad is clean and it stops just fine for my street car.
As for the squeaking, I worked around jet airplanes too long for any brake noise to bother me. Let that be a word of caution to you guys who can still hear high frequency sounds.

Tom Glenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used EBC pads for Street & Track for two years with outstanding results and consistent podium finishes in Viper Days Super Stock and Unlimited classes. For aggressive street driving I like red in front & greens in rear. For moderate track I like yellow fronts and green rears. For aggressive track I like blue front & red rear. I find these combinations give me slightly more rear bias (every little bit helps), and requires a bit more petal pressure.