Electrical Connection Help Needed

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wanting to hook up a hardwire for my Garmin GPS so I can use the Socket on top of the console for my Radar Detector for the trip to VOI in Sept. I would like to hook into a wire on the left side of the drivers footwell. Lots of wires in there! Fuse box is in the engine compartment and I would like to stay out of there. Can anyone show me a picture or a diagram of what wire to safely connect my 12v+ wire into? (If any) Car is a 2008 Viper.
Thanks

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The simple solution is to get a split adapter if plugs into the 12v socket and has 2 outlets. My Valentine detector pulls power from the odbII port.

OP
OP
A

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't really want to go that route. Trying to keep wires tucked away and out of the road. Will look into the OBD port. Would be nicer to be able to tie into one of the wires on the side. Thanks

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Easiest place to get a switched access is right under the shifter bezel. I just tapped into the same power outlet that you plan to plug your radar detector into.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Easiest place to get a switched access is right under the shifter bezel. I just tapped into the same power outlet that you plan to plug your radar detector into.
Agreed, you can get a simple snap connector that clips over the pos and neg from the back of the cig lighter and run the wire out the driver side if you like. Once you have the shifter bezel off you can run the wire to either side. Personaly I plug mine into the socket inside the center console. I tuck the cable up under the side of the center console and pop it out up to the right side of the glove bock where the dash has a gap pull the wire out and presto.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang