Engine Bay pictures.. Post up.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of the best looking roe engine bays is BLUEGTS. need to see if i can find a pic of it

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine. Gen 2, Gen 3 intake, shaved valve covers, custom TT. I have new BOV's now that are a new color:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really good looking motor!

So, what is the benefit of the Gen III intake over the Gen II and how much work is involved in converting?

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a sweet looking setup, just needs polished rails though :)

They were actually polished, but I proffered how they looked brushed. I'm still not done with it, so I plan on anodizing them pretty soon. Thanks :)

Really good looking motor!

So, what is the benefit of the Gen III intake over the Gen II and how much work is involved in converting?

Honestly, I mainly did it for the looks. I can't find any hard data on cfm of either intake, some say the Gen 3 doesn't flow as well, some say how couldn't it. It wasn't bad to fit, lines right up, you just need to fab a bracket for the throttle cable really.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, thanks! Really good looking B&W in your Avitar:D

Took a couple of pics just now. Have been replacing (tastefully) screw/bolts (especially rusted ones) with stainless steel hex head as much as possible.

Better shot of the engine compartment, if you look closely, you can see the the paint on the side of the intake and the vc's that the paint is coming off...thanks to the heat and humidity in S. Florida (original owner):

Billet airbox screws, used to be sold by Daves Big Brakes, but now JonB sells them. Small upgrade (looks/strength) over plastic:

Last edited:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing that I hate about ALL Vipers is the TB cable and hose that just looks out of place! Can you re-route them or get a longer hose to show more of the valve covers? Has anyone done that? I'm just picky :)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wrong Generation, but this Mock-Up may give you some ideas.

You must be registered for see images

Final version will have Carbon Fiber/Red Letter coil covers, and the manifold will be black anodized or black translucent cleared for a "black chrome" look to match these:

You must be registered for see images

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That wheel looks FANTASTIC :headbang:
so is that carbon film lacquered on to the alloy wheel rim?

More or less, yes. The carbon is applied in a resin like a typical carbon piece, cured, and clearcoated a number of times to protect it.

If anyone is interested in a set, just shoot me a PM.

DaveGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 GTS engine bay:

DaveGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
800 HP. 2900 pounds (it would take all day to describe how we got there!). Normally aspirated. Dry sump. MoTeC engine management and ADL-3 data. All tuned by the awesome Shawn Fischer. Top-feed injectors. Individual coil packs (obviously). Headers with side exhaust. Tilton clutch. EMCO sequential. Quaiffe. In my track car with full aero, ultra stiff cage/chassis. Penske shocks. EMI suspension mods w/Mono-balls. Fuel cell. Brembo brakes (currently the weak point of the package) - not their fault, we just retained a brake package from when the car was much more mild - upgrade pending. We just relocated some suspension pickup points to lower the car further - yet to test. We run big fat Hoosier R-100s - awesome tires.

We ran some NARRA events last year for fun but it is just a track car that we use to promote our race shop. I am going to slow down a bit and race my new ACR-X in Viper Cup next year. The ACR-X is a killer bang-for-the-buck top tier race car. I hate to compete in a series with spec cars that will expose my average-at-best driving ability - but it should be fun.

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Individual coil packs what's all needed for that up grade that would clean my engine bay even more.

Valve Covers, Coils, Wires, and a reconfigured coil wiring harness to "group fire" the coils two at a time [I am not 100% sure the JTEC can handle the current of two coils]... or a system like Pectel/Motec that can sequentially fire 10 coils internally or with an expander box.

DaveGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Custom plug wires. MoTeC engine management, custom wiring harness and vibration isolating mounts should do it

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of dressing up engines, i have a highly Polished GEN 1 Intake manifold if anyone is interested

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Sweet. can I ask who makes those valve

2851.JPG
[/quote]

I think the company was B&Z or something similar. I don't believe they are made anymore. Get in touch with JonB, if anyone can give the low down on those he can.

FYI, they do not come like mine are shown above. They come bare aluminum. Mine were poweder coated black crinkle, then the top ridge was sanded off. They used to look like this.

My old setup.
Picture_030B.jpg

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, do the CF valve covers need a spacer?

I don't think so if they are used with stock viper heads with 1.7 T&D's, they may if used on Strykers. These covers came from the GTSR program which I believe is where the T&D's came from as well

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the Lethel Viper VC's and would love to add them to my motor, but just can't justify that kind of cash to change VC's when I have so many other more important mods to do.

Thanks for sharing.:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte