Engine, Side Sills, and windshield chip fixed...

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took it in a couple of months ago for coolant leaking out of the head gaskets. I asked if they could replace the side sills and have the chip in the windshield fixed while it was in. The engine was removed and sent to Arrow while the other incidentals were taken care of. Now the engine is back in, the window is fixed and the side sills replaced. I cant wait to see it again. It has been a long two months. Does Arrow always dyno the engine? Will the service provider have the numbers along with all that has been done to the motor?

OP
OP
J

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correction: not all under warranty but the major stuff was.

OP
OP
J

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sills were barely yellowing, but my complaint wasn't the yellowing it was the corrosion around a rivit. There is a service bulletin for that I believe.

OP
OP
J

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomer:
Question, is it inevitable that the head gaskets will leak, or is it possible for some engines NOT to have the problem?

I only have ~ 7700 miles on my car.

Tomer..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about the gaskets... It seemed to me that most of the posts about them starting to leak were in late fall and winter when temps started dropping. Mine had just under 9000 which most consider an early time for them to leak. I guess the gaskets don't hold up well. But, don't fret. enjoy the ride

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am missing the boat...I have corrosion around all the rivets... Unfortunately I am having the side sills repainted
and paid for by insurance due to a little fender bender I got into :-(...

However, other than buying you time, what is different on the new side sills that will prevent them from corroding around the rivets like the OEM ones did?

TOmer..

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, please advise re the side sills...I too have the 96 RT/10, and my sills are just starting to yellow...My closest dealer is pretty out of it on Viper warranty stuff, although they do have a dedicated Tech for Vipers...

Question, is it inevitable that the head gaskets will leak, or is it possible for some engines NOT to have the problem?

I only have ~ 7700 miles on my car.

Tomer..

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is very kewl!! It seems with the rivets is just a matter of time before you get corrosion...Even here in Sunny California, with no driving in the rain.

I think I am out of luck, since my sills are being re-painted now due to the fender bender I was in, and my extended warranty runs out end of 2002. Of course, My extended warranty does not mention anything about body panels....

Tomer..
96 rt/10

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery