Enough with the naysayers

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just last night I began to plan an inaugural road trip caravan down scenic Highway 1 with a couple of my friends. With my lady at my side, we will be starting with breakfast in Carmel, then it's off to 17 Mile Drive, lunch at Pebble Beach, dinner in Santa Barbara, finally staying at a beachfront bed and breakfast in SB. So far, it's an SLS Gull Wing and a Ferrari California joining the Gen V Viper. Can't wait for spring!

Happy New Year, my Viper brothers!

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just last night I began to plan an inaugural road trip caravan down scenic highway 1 with a couple of my friends. With my lady at my side, we will be starting with breakfast in Carmel, then it's off to 17 Mile Drive, lunch at Pebble Beach, dinner in Santa Barbara, finally staying at a beachfront bed and breakfast in SB. So far, it's an SLS Gull Wing and a Ferrari California joining the Gen V Viper. Can't wait for spring!

Please post the story as it develops on here!

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just last night I began to plan an inaugural road trip caravan down scenic highway 1 with a couple of my friends. With my lady at my side, we will be starting with breakfast in Carmel, then it's off to 17 Mile Drive, lunch at Pebble Beach, dinner in Santa Barbara, finally staying at a beachfront bed and breakfast in SB. So far, it's an SLS Gull Wing and a Ferrari California joining the Gen V Viper. Can't wait for spring!

Outstanding. Drive it and enjoy it! I barely drive anymore (work from home full time) - but anytime I need to get out of the house, it will be in mine!

You planning to do a full clearbra install or throwing caution to the wind?

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! Your in for a Great Drive! I Enjoyed it on 2 wheels a few years back . :)

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy the ride, would like to do the same but there's more than 2 feet of snow here.......:(

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding. Drive it and enjoy it! I barely drive anymore (work from home full time) - but anytime I need to get out of the house, it will be in mine!

You planning to do a full clearbra install or throwing caution to the wind?

Thanks! Yes, I'll be doing a clearbra on the nose, and a few other places. I was also thinking of behind the rear wheels, and below the doors, to avoid scratches from passengers. Any suggestions?

Please post the story as it develops on here!

It should be a fun road trip, I'll shoot some pics and post them.

WOW! Your in for a Great Drive! I Enjoyed it on 2 wheels a few years back . :)

Sounds fun, did you make the trek all the way from Canada? Hard to beat the coast for a breathtaking journey!

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We Started from the Highest Point In the Canadian Rockies , Down to the Pacific Coast Highway and ALL the Way down to Mexico( tijuana) , then back up to Vegas through Death Valley and Back up to Calgary with Snow on the Last Day ! :omg: Did it in 5 weeks and my Brand New Tires where Finished ! :omg: :D Great Trip ! P.S. I was Riding an R1 :D :2tu:
Thanks! Yes, I'll be doing a clearbra on the nose, and a few other places. I was also thinking of behind the rear wheels, and below the doors, to avoid scratches from passengers. Any suggestions?

It should be a fun road trip, I'll shoot some pics and post them.

Sounds fun, did you make the trek all the way from Canada? Hard to beat the coast for a breathtaking journey!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Johnny

How many of the motivation factors below describe you?

MOTIVATION FOR POSTING

Ignorance, stupidity, total moronotosus has set in
Hate
Jealousy
Short term memory loss (multiple post saying same thing) (multiple posts say same thing and being the same fool)
Napoleon complex
Works for GM
Owns or wants A GM Volt
Cannot afford a Gen V
Inter Viper platform jealousy
Banned from all other car forums
Laughed at on all other car forums
Don't know when they are being laughed at by friends and family
Envy
Thought Benedict Arnold was a hero
Voted for Obama
Think Mayor Bloomberg is an American hero
Think that Acorn is a nut
Posted during down time when picketing in Michigan during the signing of the "right to work" law
Have not yet received their "fair share"
Suffer from Humanus Slackass Erictis (pants on the ground)

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just last night I began to plan an inaugural road trip caravan down scenic Highway 1 with a couple of my friends. With my lady at my side, we will be starting with breakfast in Carmel, then it's off to 17 Mile Drive, lunch at Pebble Beach, dinner in Santa Barbara, finally staying at a beachfront bed and breakfast in SB. So far, it's an SLS Gull Wing and a Ferrari California joining the Gen V Viper. Can't wait for spring!

Happy New Year to you! That sounds like a beautiful trip. We drove through that area and Yosemite several years ago and had a great time even though we did not have our viper. It would be fantastic to cruise in a new Gen V. We are in winter here with 6 inches of snow. We can't wait for Spring to arrive.

Last edited:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny

How many of the motivation factors below describe you?

MOTIVATION FOR POSTING

Ignorance, stupidity, total moronotosus has set in
Hate
Jealousy
Short term memory loss (multiple post saying same thing) (multiple posts say same thing and being the same fool)
Napoleon complex
Works for GM
Owns or wants A GM Volt
Cannot afford a Gen V
Inter Viper platform jealousy
Banned from all other car forums
Laughed at on all other car forums
Don't know when they are being laughed at by friends and family
Envy
Thought Benedict Arnold was a hero
Voted for Obama
Think Mayor Bloomberg is an American hero
Think that Acorn is a nut
Posted during down time when picketing in Michigan during the signing of the "right to work" law
Have not yet received their "fair share"
Suffer from Humanus Slackass Erictis (pants on the ground)

LOL, Jack you had my laughing my a$$ off when I read this list! Your wife is a keeper, how she added some much-needed levity to that downer thread was classic.

I think Johnny Walker should be his name, because he's admittedly tanked when he posts. Or Kyle Busch- self-important, arrogant, socially ********, and likes to $hit on those around him. But no, that would imply that Johnny the bench racer knows how to drive like Kyle. Nope, I'm going to stick with Johnny Walker.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope more like smart enough to know an overpriced and overstated car. As the ability to afford a Gen V well let me sell some of my short ETFs this week so I can you the brakes/tires/rent a driver you want. Also only Viper in my garage and currently for now is the B/W 1996 GTS do you want to bet me on that? Wage I say $1,000 put towards third party with the car in my name only? Also I heard there are alot of *** driving Vipers in Ohio are you one of them?

I Got This... :lmao:

You must be registered for see images attach

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
want to hear my rode trip....drive my brand new GTS Viper from deALERr right into my garage. Hopefully no snow will be on the ground as it is expected to be delivered in late Feb, here in the northeast not a good time of year for Viper driving

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
want to hear my rode trip....drive my brand new GTS Viper from deALERr right into my garage. Hopefully no snow will be on the ground as it is expected to be delivered in late Feb, here in the northeast not a good time of year for Viper driving
i have a feeling this winter is going to be BRUTAL.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there's so much going on in this thread:eater:

gotta say there's few new exotics that excite me like this new snake. i have two friends building aventadors to spec already. now thats a rare car and i already know that i'm gonna see TWO next season; one is arancio argos the other verde ithica. (yes that's a million bucks right there) The 458 Italia is great but I know 4 owners: yellow, red, white and black. The F12 is exceptional & admittedly I dont know of anyone with an order in. I know 2 people with Veyrons. Have a friend with a Spyker. There are two McLaren MP4-12C's. These are the new exciting cars in my mind.

Now, I dont know one single person(besides myself) in my region building the new snake to spec. I think its great. I'm as excited as when I got the Lamborghini and as excited as when I got the Bentley. ***? Hello no. The car is bad ass, and I say that with having owned several exotics and with being surrounded by them.:drive:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny Nothing

I really think you should be more introspective and look at that list again. I was only trying to be polite so you could assess your well being. This will be my last email relating to the topic, it is obvious you breed upon the attention your inane posts create. Lastly, your reference to "***", again shows your mental age, that comment one would expect from someone very young or very ignorant.

Please go to this link and try this test it will help us all: http://mymentalage.com/

Nope more like smart enough to know an overpriced and overstated car. As the ability to afford a Gen V well let me sell some of my short ETFs this week so I can buy you the brakes/tires/rent a driver you want or the Gen V. Also only Viper in my garage and currently for now is the B/W 1996 GTS do you want to bet me on that? Wage I say $1,000 put towards third party with the car in my name only? Also I heard there are alot of *** driving Vipers in Ohio are you one of them?

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Policy limits I have read several of your posts and I am glad to read how excited you are about the new Gen V considering its stable mates and the fine list of cars you stated. I would like to hear more about your Viper build if you care to share. We are avid enthusiasts and could see a Gen V in the future.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the "Naysayers" are looking at the first two reviews compared to the ZR1 posted on here and to the entire world. Lets hope for some better results from the test guys in the near future.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am eagerly waiting for the arrival of my white Gen 5. I currently drive a Viper that is faster than most of cars on this site, at over 1,100 rwhp. I honestly don't give a crap if the car is similar in performance to a ZR1 Corvette. That is still faster than 99% of the Vipers on this site. Sorry, if you own a stock Gen 1-4 car, the ZR1 still beats you, too. But, that doesn't make you love your car any less, does it?

I will be taking my new Viper on Hotrod Power Tour in June. Should rack up over 2,000 miles on it that trip. It will be awesome. I did the tour in '08 in my other Viper.

Haters gonna hate. I'd rather be driving.

Tony

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there's so much going on in this thread:eater:

gotta say there's few new exotics that excite me like this new snake. i have two friends building aventadors to spec already. now thats a rare car and i already know that i'm gonna see TWO next season; one is arancio argos the other verde ithica. (yes that's a million bucks right there) The 458 Italia is great but I know 4 owners: yellow, red, white and black. The F12 is exceptional & admittedly I dont know of anyone with an order in. I know 2 people with Veyrons. Have a friend with a Spyker. There are two McLaren MP4-12C's. These are the new exciting cars in my mind.

Now, I dont know one single person(besides myself) in my region building the new snake to spec. I think its great. I'm as excited as when I got the Lamborghini and as excited as when I got the Bentley. ***? Hello no. The car is bad ass, and I say that with having owned several exotics and with being surrounded by them.:drive:

Have you ever made a post, either here or on the lambo forums that you don't mention you also own a Bentley and a Lambo in it?

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if the Viper were 2 seconds faster at Laguna, your erectile dysfunction will not be cured.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My C6 corvette I had looked very similar to the ZR1. Seems to be very similar to the base model with no separation styling wise & that seems unfair. Not concerned that its a bit faster than the snake. I'm not a race car driver. If I were only concerned with speed I could get a GTR but its a Nissan. Styling is important too. And the viper looks way better IMO I've also owned ford Nissan Chevrolet GM so not a brand snob by any means. Just saying I think the new snake is a special car and stating the performance and styling class that I consider it to be in. Naysayers can continue. The only thing worse than being talked about is not getting talked about at all.

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just trolling here, but did anyone really expect the Gen V to dominate the ZR1 the first year right out of the box? That doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation considering the head start Chevy had with the C6/ZR1 platform. A little more R&D will undoubtedly take care any small gaps that exist between the cars....I know it's apples and oranges, but look at the ALMS series as an example for the new Viper. It will take some time.

The Gen V is still an exclusive and rare beast, and you won't have to look for a (silly) plexiglass window in the hood or different vents on the fender to tell it's something special. For those of you who are fortunate to have one coming, congratulations. Can't wait to see one in the flesh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang