ESCO Jack Stands Review

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

Normally I wouldn’t write a review on something as simple as jack stands, but I just wanted to pass along how much I love my new ESCO flat top jack stands. I changed fluids and installed my new PS2s this week, and thought I would snap a few pics of how smoothly it went with the ESCOs

There wasn't too much info about them on the web, so I relied on word of mouth to decide on them. I'll make this a quick "Cliffs Notes" review, but if I had to sum them up I would use the words: "ROCK SOLID" and the BEST jack stands I have ever used. Never once did I feel uneasy about the Viper being in the air, and never once did I flinch working under the car or bumping into it by accident. They are rated at 6000lbs each, and the GIANT flat rubber pad on top worked perfectly on the Viper's frame.

Here's a view pictures to give you an idea of sizing...

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a close up picture of the flat-top rubber pad. You can "unscrew" it to give it more play, or just leave it screwed down firmly in place.

I was able to use all four at the lowest setting and had PLENTY of room to be under the car, but here's an idea of how they look on the highest setting. I would never personally use the highet setting on any jack stand, but if I HAD to I would trust these.

Now, are you ready for the only real Con? The price....these bad boys are between $68-69 EACH. Yup, EACH. I found them online for $68 shipped, and even then had buyers remorse until the first time I used them. Now, after a few days of the Viper being in the air, I think of them as some of the best money I ever spent on the car.

Hope it helped.
Mark

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a set of these for a few years...they are definitely my go-to jack stands. The only thing I don't care for much is how wobbly they are when you start raising them up, but I've never had an issue with them to date.

If you want to talk about buyer's remorse, check out the AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ jack I use along with these :eek:

OP
OP
D

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve,

Man, I wish I would have known you had them. I would have pulled the trigger a few mos earlier. Dood, yup...felt the same way. But, between them being awesome and using tax return money, I'm happy I got em.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on what the good Dr Taco is saying. I've had a set of these for a year and they are awesome. Yes, they are not cheap, but I've not seen anything else that comes close. I did a write up of these over on VA right after I got them.

One thing that helps the pad sit properly is put some silicone grease on the nub on the underside of the pad and then insert it into the metal flat top.

And once the yuan floats against the dollar, these are going to be a lot more expensive.

OP
OP
D

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CEJ,

Thanks for your write up/pics on VA, Brotha. It was a HUGE reason I got them for the Viper. Didn't know about the grease trick either.