Exhaust choices narrowed to 2

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I am new, I think I need to make an exhaust thread :bonker:

I thought this might be an easy first performance upgrade. The stock system has a decent volume level, but I would like a bit more growl to it without it being too loud.

So, here is where I am at. I am opting for cat-back, it appears to be direct bolt on, I dont want to have to modify. Can you help me make a decision on this? One question is if Roe is the place to go? Another is if the 2 I selected below are the correct exhaust for a 2001 SRT-10 After that, which one is the better choice:

B&B 3" Cat-Back System:
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=9&idproduct=14

Corsa 3" Cat Back Exhaust System: Gen 2
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=9&idproduct=22

OP
OP
M

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2001 RT10 Viper then. My pictures show the car. I had originally looked at the pickup truck so that explains my confusion, sorry. I just got the car last week and have not even been able to drive it yet due to snow, so I am as new as they come this.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you can go to the corsa website and listen to what it sounds like.
with high flo cats, it sounds pretty good. from the few I've heard, it seems like the least loud, but is still performance. IMO also has the least drone.
try to find another viper nearby to listen for yourself

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know but to me, and this is just me, the Corsa sounds like a bumble bee with the running farts.

OP
OP
M

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish I could find one near me, I have seen a couple around here and they appear to be completely stock. The suburbs of Syracuse are not exactly well known for exotic cars, though I saw a Lamborghini down the road about 10 years ago ;)

Oddly enough I did end up calling Roe, nice guys, spent the time with me explaining sound choices. As he said, explaining exhaust sounds is very difficult to do, probably one of the harder things they try and help people with. He also suggested the B&B, so I am going to try it out. I am not modifying the cats yet because I am concerned about it being too loud. I figure if I dont like it, I can always change back to the Corsa system later.

I will let you know how I like them.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should look at Belangers before you pull the trigger. Check out my website for details. On a sidenote, you rarely see folks selling used Belanger exhaust.....the other stuff is all over the Internet.

Best of luck,

Tom

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3" RT hi-flow cats and Corsa cat-back

No drone (top off it's not an issue anyway)

Neighbors won't hate you

Foot through the firewall and all hell breaks loose, old ladies, little kids, and small animals run for their freakin lives!

The V10 has a sound that only a Viper lover / owner could love, no matter whose cat-back system you have

2 Vipers, both had the RT / Corsa set up

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa sems to be the choice of most, I might need to try that one also. Hey NYC guys have a CORSA?

OP
OP
M

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I am going to try the B&B, and I am in Central New York, so if your ever out this way, let me know and you can hear it. It was a tough call. Basically the majority say Corsa, but the majority here also says (in various threads) the Roe is excellent to deal with and knowledgeable, so I had to make a decision.

Corsa sems to be the choice of most, I might need to try that one also. Hey NYC guys have a CORSA?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know but to me, and this is just me, the Corsa sounds like a bumble bee with the running farts.
LOL I feel the same way about the corsa i listened to both. The B&B sounded WAY better but thats MY OPINION. So i went with the full B&B and it sounds AWESOME. I am VERY happy with it, you simply cannot go wrong with the B&B.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should look at Belangers before you pull the trigger. Check out my website for details. On a sidenote, you rarely see folks selling used Belanger exhaust.....the other stuff is all over the Internet.

Here's the Belanger system up to a 100 MPH or so. I bought mine from Tom in 2001. Good guy to deal with. Almost 50,000 miles on the 'system' now. IMO, the others don't quite match up.

Belangers

Steve

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been real pleased with the B&B set up. Mine has no drone, my understanding is the drone is not really an issue on RT/10 because the trunk helps absorb some of the sound. One of our members Gus Strakes has the B&B and the Corsa system on his Vipers, send him a PM, he would be glad to help you with your decision.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen to the different systems for yourself.
No sound files, just YOUR ears.
Exhaust sound is soooooo subjective. What I may think sounds wicked and great, you may actually hate.
Most folks are also pretty passionate about the brand that THEY have on THEIR car, so again, listen for yourself.

This is not a really good time of the year, many of the Viper faithful up North are in hibernation.
Wait until spring and then get to a VCA, Viper Days, or local Viper get together at ******* and listen to all of the ear candy yourself!
Good luck!

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL I feel the same way about the corsa i listened to both. The B&B sounded WAY better but thats MY OPINION. So i went with the full B&B and it sounds AWESOME. I am VERY happy with it, you simply cannot go wrong with the B&B.

I've got the same setup, BB headers, Exhaust, and no cats. Its really loud at WOT but sounds awesome. I wouldnt mind if it was even louder. When it comes to different setups it is very subjective as someone else said but as long as you arent driving in a cop infested city all the time then why not be heard. Before the GTS I had a C5 with borla straight pipes and it was barely louder than stock unless it was way up in the RPM's. Everyone on the Vette forum said that I would I would hate it and it would be unbearable, bunch of babies!!! You will be happy with the BB setup for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte