Exhaust for a 2003 Viper

GenII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i have a 2003 Dodge Viper and im looking at exhaust options. Have been looking at headers and removing the cross over tube and the cats and leaving the stock mufflers. Any issues doing this?

Also I have been looking at M&M headers. are those the best options for everything including cost?

Lots of people say go corsa but lots of people say they are stupid loud.

Are there better options?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
For what it's worth, when I bought my car it has the Borla cat back on it and nothing else. I liked the sound and the volume was pretty reasonable. Never seemed terribly hot either as that does get rid of the crossover pipe at least. I bought my dad a set of M&M headers for an 03 he bought, but he ended up selling the car so I put them on my car instead. I had to ditch the factory cats, but kept the cat back I already had. Sound is a little different. I'd say it's a little more rasp and not quite as bassy, but I've gotten used to it. It is however, slightly louder. It's not super uncomfortable loud, but I have considered trying to put in high flow cats or something to tone it down just a bit. I also daily mine though and have done several roads trips in it. For just a weekend toy I think it would be fine.

The M&M headers were awesome though. Super well made and the fit was excellent. The only gripe I have is the O2 sensor placement on mine is a bit tough to work with. It has the sensors pointing toward the block, so it's a bit tight to get them in, but it wasn't horrible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth