Exhaust help...

Adios Vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright Fellas,
I've got an issue..
See I've got a beast for a car but when he wants to be heard he sounds like a little puppy.
So I went ahead and took out the resonators, put in 3" piping, and a 50 series Flowmaster. For the first few days, it was f'in amazing but now I think he's got bronchitis. I thought I'd go to those who know best - and who better than my fellow Viper brothers.

What I want is the nicest sound possible... preferably VERY VERY VERY loud. The type of loud that when you come home to your wife, you cant hear her everyday bullshiot. . .Tell me what you guys have.. sound clips would be great. . . HELP, PLEASE! Everyone's input is welcomed and well appreciated.
:usa: :headbang:

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy headers (B&B or others will recommend), and run straight pipes all the way back (no cat or muffler). It'll be as loud as it can get (unless you want to dump it out the headers).

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you'll find headers and a catback system with no cats, but leaving the mufflers in the sidesills, plenty loud enough. You will get at least 2-3 times the increase in volume you got from removing the resonators, especially at WOT. Not to mention your sidesills will be mildly warm rather than scalding.

OP
OP
A

Adios Vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.. but my issue is here in California they've got smog check issues and I have ways around that, yet I hear taking out the cats with result in an odor and isn't a great idea.. did I hear wrong? How about going with Random Tech Hi Flows?