Expert Tuner question

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone seeing a difference in A/F between the left/right bank while the car is cold. I’m seeing a 2 point leaner condition in left bank until the care gets to about 185 or so, after that they even out. I changed all the injectors and no change so that rules them out. All plugs firing, so that is not the problem either. Maybe the car has always done it, just never had a wide band on both sides when it was stock. Anyway maybe some one else has seen this issue before.

Maybe the cold walls are grabbing the spray and the chamber is not getting good atomization until it warms up??? :confused:

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have access to and EGT sensor? If you do go cylinder by cylinder to find the hot cylinder or cylinders. Adjust the fuel injector offset for that cylinder. Or if you have a 4 gas analyzer look at your gas levels to let you know what's happening.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'd look at your fuel set up and maps - advanced - specifically the injector details - pulse width -I think. As I recall, your car has an AEM. I had some issues with one side richer than the other for a while with my AEM too. The cause was an improper set up.

After I had the car retuned by DC, both sides are now very close cold and warm. It might be worth a call to DC. Ask Dan if you can speak with Chris. Chris is very knowledgable on the AEM.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960