Extended warranty

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2003 SRT has the 3 year basic warranty (running out soon) along with the 7 year power train warranty. Does anyone know what the cost is to buy extended warranty for all the items that are not covered under the power train warranty? Is it worth buying?

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as your power train is covered, the additional bumper to bumper is not worth the $$ IMHO. You have the expensive stuff covered :)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2003 SRT has the 3 year basic warranty (running out soon) along with the 7 year power train warranty. Does anyone know what the cost is to buy extended warranty for all the items that are not covered under the power train warranty? Is it worth buying?

knuk, when you get a chance, give me a call with your VIN# and I can give you some prices on contracts and then you can decide if it's worth it. :cool:
[20% off VCA]

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
knuk, when you get a chance, give me a call with your VIN# and I can give you some prices on contracts and then you can decide if it's worth it. :cool:
[20% off VCA]

Thanks, but keep in mind I am in Canada - will the contracts you quote me on be valid in Canada?

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you told me you have a summer home here in the States and that your Viper is down here most of the year? :smirk:
Not I!

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to go in to the dealer to find out prices yet. My factory warranty runs out in March so I have a bit of time. If the price is reasonable I will definitely go for it - from past experience on my last 2 Vipers it is money well spent.

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what the "tire & wheel" is that you refer to! What is it??
I think if you plan on keeping the car past the warranty period then it is money well spent, but if you buy extended then sell/trade before the factory warranty expires you will never see any $$ back in the sale/trade in regards to the extended, although EVERY car salesman will push it on you saying that it is transferable and will increase your sale/trade in price - BULL$HIT! You won't see a dime back!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad