Extremely Disappointed

Milksnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am extremely upset with the quality control that D/C exhibited when building the SRT/10. There are several major issues that I am finding difficult to understand. We waited 13 months, I know others are still waiting, yet the car is still not perfect. I received the letter and I am concerned how this major issue with so many cars escaped inspection. Currently, I have multiple oil leaks. D/C had us believe that we had to wait to be sure that the car was perfect! Additionaly, we also have rattles in the windows! The performance is flat compared to my 97 GTS!

Anybody else experiencing these problems? :confused:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds of wolves howling in the distance-

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not had any problems with my SRT/10. It now has 2500 miles
and it is running great. No leaks at all, slight rattle at the roof
and wind sheild, might be solved with a little lub.

Hope you get things worked out. Got mine from Woodhouse, were
did you get yours from.

Good Luck
Dean

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I don't have the valve problem, have a squeak at pillar, window isn't smart enough to roll down far enough to not crash when closing door, had oil leak.

The squeak doesn't matter at all to me.

The window is programmable, I understand, so I will protect it until I can get it fixed. No big deal.

Oil leak was a loose pan bolt that I tightened and all is well.

Car is certainly NOT flat compared to my 01 GTS.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, no problems here. Don't even have the brake squeal that I got used to in my 01 RT/10 :D Car is great, I love it.
Sorry your having problems, I hope Hayward Dodge will take care of them for you.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No oil leaks but do have the "rattle" in the hood latch as well as a squeek at the pillar. My car has the intake valve problem but even so it should perform as good as or better than my GTS - I do find it to be a bit "flat" in comparison but have not had a chance to have it on the track. I sure hope intake valve fix kicks it up a bit.
All in all, I am very happy with the SRT.

Warp10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only have 215 miles on the SRT at present. No leaks. The only rattle is the roof latch spring mentioned in another thread. I 'll have that taken care of when I take it in for the intake valves. Would have been nice to have a real rollbar designed into the car, but overall I really like it.
Now if there were some kind of electronic shielding to keep the dirt and rock chips at bay!

luv2race2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2500 miles on mine as well...1 small fuse, a squeak in the pillar and probably 60 solid 1st-3rd gear launches!!!! This car rocks! Wouldn't trade it for anything

Dolph Williams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like my SRT, the little that I have gotten to drive it. Got 1500 miles on it, and the rear end crashed out, and it's been in the shop waiting on parts for 24 days now, and can't seem to find out when the parts will be here. Wish they could be doing the valve job while it is just sitting there.

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went thru a first year model buyback with my 2001 ZO6. I know your pain. Seems they will take care of the issues, however. I think PVO has it all over Chevy. They handled the oil burning issue on the 2000-2001s very poorly IMO.

It is VERY cool to have the first model year of the SRT 10, though. Something I never had with my C5. By the time I got my '98 they were pretty common around here.
Dave

OP
OP
M

Milksnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of support. Having bought the first Porsche 930 Turbo in 1976 I know the problems that can arise with first year models. However, DC is handling it better than Porsche did. As a side note, I do LOVE the car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte