False Corvette Time

not stock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he did redlight as shown on the board with the .354 reaction time. The ET is the time the staging beam is broken to the end beam at the end of the quarter. In other words he ran a 9.9 but lost the race.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trailerman,
It makes NO difference when you leave the line, early, or 5 minuter late, the ET starts when you break the ET beam at the start, and then again at the end. You can leave early or late !!!

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so he lost the race. Who cares? He doesn't! The only thing he cares about is going further in the 9's. I said "Further". If you didn't catch the important point that's a lowly scumball Corvette that is totally street legal and isn't gutted in the least. He takes his wife to dinner in that car! With A/C! He pulled out of the trailer, staged, and made one quick stab and pulled a 9.98 @ freakin 145 mph! Almost 146!

The next step for him is 9.7's at over 150! He can work on the red light later.

Tittle

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowly scumball Corvette???
There are daily driver Vettes out there that will hand a Hennessy its a$$ on a plate..

I just hope you never run into a Lingenfelter TT which would humiliate you enough to not want to drive the snake anylonger..
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I think you sir might want to tone down the distaste you have a notch..
smile.gif
smile.gif

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no distaste here...just facts. nice run.....but always remember.....if a vette had 48 wings, 75,000 HP, a 7,000 watt amplifier, nitrous oxide, 48 speakers, an 8.56 rear end, 132 coats of acrylic enamel, ran the 1/4 in 5.52 seconds and had fuzzy dice....it would still be a vette. am i right? i was a vette owner at one time. don't get me wrong....they're cute cars....and i'd probably trade him my viper for his vette....if.....he tossed in an extra $45,000. now...if we met and raced, i doubt if he'd hand me my a$$ on a plater...he may be quicker but i'm pretty sure i'd get over it. now... take a deep breath and repeat after me....a vette will always be a vette....a vette will always be a vette....a vette will always be a vette. that should help you sleep a little better. take care.

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didnt lose that race... it was just test runs from what i heard... so its not like it mattered toward anything.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ruckdr:
Trailerman,
It makes NO difference when you leave the line, early, or 5 minuter late, the ET starts when you break the ET beam at the start, and then again at the end. You can leave early or late !!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true, but a .354 does make for an ugly time slip. I know this because I own a few.
smile.gif

Afy,

Ease up dude. David was being sarcastic, he's actually a big Corvette fan.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RickV2K:
no distaste here...just facts. nice run.....but always remember.....if a vette had 48 wings, 75,000 HP, a 7,000 watt amplifier, nitrous oxide, 48 speakers, an 8.56 rear end, 132 coats of acrylic enamel, ran the 1/4 in 5.52 seconds and had fuzzy dice....it would still be a vette. am i right? i was a vette owner at one time. don't get me wrong....they're cute cars....and i'd probably trade him my viper for his vette....if.....he tossed in an extra $45,000. now...if we met and raced, i doubt if he'd hand me my a$$ on a plater...he may be quicker but i'm pretty sure i'd get over it. now... take a deep breath and repeat after me....a vette will always be a vette....a vette will always be a vette....a vette will always be a vette. that should help you sleep a little better. take care.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Guys like YOU are one of the reasons I sold my last GTS. I have owned three Vipers myself, '95 RT/10, '96 GTS VM550, '99GTS. I have had fun racing them and driving them, but there are other cars out there too. I have always owned Vettes even during my Viper days, and still love them. I would love to run you at the strip or road course and hand you your a$$ on a platter..

SW
You must be registered for see images

'99 FRC MTI 422([email protected])
'99 FRC MTI(white)
'94 ZR1 LPE 415
'00 BMW M5(Dinan)
'93 502SS
'95 Supra T72

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by SW on 07-09-2001 at 09:37 PM</font>

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RickV2K:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And your clown shoe is so special

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Bilberry 99 ACR:

Ease up dude. David was being sarcastic, he's actually a big Corvette fan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really! Doesn't David own a Z06?

Reaction score
SW,

I think you should get another viper and come hang out with the Houston crowd. It going to be the Houston viper club against the rest of the country come October. And its going to take everything they have to come and compete with us. If you still have your vette, take it easy on the slow silver viper next time at the track. LOL.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert,I think I'll still have the 'ol Vette. I might just have to get another GTS and put one of your kits on it just to see your taillights! Hope those NJ guys show up.

SW

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just occured to me that the C6 might be dead even with Gen3 in every area except one - the price tag! (gulp!)

This is actually another factor that might make the Gen2 GTS an appreciating, collectable car. It may keep its looks, you know, not totally unlike a GTO ...and I don't mean a Pontiac!

robntguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehe .... I wish I could drive that far
smile.gif

You must be registered for see images

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06Vette,

By no means am I saying that your beloved vette is not a nice car, and perhaps it is an AMERICAN ICON for sports cars, but I bet some mustang folks would differ with you. But you are comparing apples and oranges, if you dont understand why people love the Viper then you are missing the point. Just go park your vette next to a viper, and watch the reaction you get from the people walking by, or drive next to one.

The future of corvette and Vipers is just that speculating or saying the give my car 5 years to catch up to yours is just plain silly. The c6 will most likely be a nice car, but guess what it still wont be a Viper or even in the same league. While GM builds vettes to produce sales numbers Chrysler makes vipers to be a statement. And 50 years from now when there is a c20, there will still be gen1,2,3 vipers that the corvette guys will dream of owning one day.

Now lastly on your comment regarding the Corvette starting the whole sports car sceene, what are you smoking? Ever hear of Porshe, ferrari, Fiat, etc... These people were making sports cars when GM didnt even know what that meant. And besides the first few versions of the corvette were about as far as you could get from a sports car, more like a convertable luxury car. Corvettes didnt really become American sports cars till they had competition from ford. And besides the vipers history is far older than your stated 10 years. Remeber the Vipers grandfather the COBRA? Daytona?, Charger? All those cars in their period of time dominated the track or streets, and yes the corvette owners still wish they had one of those, I do also.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all you guys need to come up to New England where the REAL fast cars reside
smile.gif

SW's cars are dogs... we beat up on 9 second Vettes all day, before we move onto the 6 second pro-mods. Don't you guys know the Viper is unbeatable?

Unless you miss 3rd and get roasted by a automatic, 2.59 axle, bone stock C5 that is... hehe. But that never happened to me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21