FE Viper Questions...

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been lurking around this site everyday for the past 2 years reading up on all the information that is to be had on Vipers. During this process I have narrowed down the field to the FE Viper and hope to find the perfect one in coming months (>6 months). I am sure these questions have been posted before so excuse my ignorance and/or lack of memory.

First, what are the major things to look out for on the FE? Were there any factory recalls? Second, The front fascia is sure to be a good start, but is there anything that has been identified (aside from the obvious dings and scratches) with the FE that could cause me to back away from a possible buy?

Third, warranties...my understanding is that warranties for the FE and Vipers in general can be transferred only once. Is this true and if it is, does finding a one owner FE the most desirable for a first time Viper buyer? Correct me if I am wrong, but if the car was bought (for example) in June 2002 then the bumper to bumper warranty would expire June 2009. I could also include a extended warranty for another 5 years, correct?

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully my FE is out there waiting for me to bring it home.

Matt

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should read (and own) the vipers buyers guide. it will answer all of your questions. :2tu:

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take a look at www.feviper.com
It's a site dedicated to the FE model. Shows some history and where each (or at least most) are presently located, who the owners are and any upgrades done to the vehicle.

I bought mine right before the factory warranty expired and first thing I did was get 100,000 mile Chrysler extended warranty.
Considering upgrading engine but being very very careful not to void any part of the warranty.

Good luck. You won't be disappointed. I wasn't looking for a FE...just happened that way.

9457Mvc-030f-med.jpg

9457Mvc-018s-med.jpg

OP
OP
F

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I do have the Viper Buyer's Guide and it is very informative. I was wanting to know from the personal experience stand point of FE owners. I have also been on the FEViper website to search the records for a couple of cars. Nice material to have handy, I must say.

Matt

OP
OP
F

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, if anyone sees that #13 out of the FE is up for sale anytime soon, please send them my way. Thanks

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, if anyone sees that #13 out of the FE is up for sale anytime soon, please send them my way. Thanks

feviper.com shows that #13 is/was at Smithhaven Dodge, St. James NY. You might want to give them a call and see if you can track it down.

I'm very happy with mine (#022), red was not my favorite color, but I bought it because of its commemorative significance (2000 Daytona 24 hr overall winner and ALMS champion). And since I've owned it, the color scheme has really grown on me, and now it has become my favorite viper of the four I've owned.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

feviper.com shows that #13 is/was at Smithhaven Dodge, St. James NY. You might want to give them a call and see if you can track it down.

I'm very happy with mine (#022), red was not my favorite color, but I bought it because of its commemorative significance (2000 Daytona 24 hr overall winner and ALMS champion). And since I've owned it, the color scheme has really grown on me, and now it has become my favorite viper of the four I've owned.

FE #13 was bought by my Friend here in LI, he goes by the name FFVIPER, he is not selling I can tell you that..............but you never know, send him a PM

from JWVIPER

:2tu:

OP
OP
F

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information JW. I figured someone here would know where #13 is located. In buying a FE #13 is at the top of the list, but there are certainly other fish (FEs) in the sea to have.

Matt

OP
OP
F

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very useful...thank you

I was also thinking that since Bill Pemberton seems to have a strong and loyal following that I would contact him about locating a FE for me.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No unique concerns that I'm aware of. I own #357 and absolutely love it. The color combo just stops traffic! You probably are aware, but there were only 34 FE-ACR's. That would be a great catch! Good luck, John

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funky977,

Good luck on your hunt. It might be trivial but make sure that any FE you look at has the dash plaque and the red stitching around the steering wheel and shift knob. These are the basic things that the real FE's have. I would not be supprised if someone tries to pawn off an FE clone in the future. :crazy:

As for the warranty, I pretty much wrote this off after I had my TT system put on at 1,400 miles. I thought about it for a second before voiding my 7/70 powertrain warranty. Yet it was only a second :cool: No regrets only smiles :)

Bandit400

FFVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey, just wanted to say hello to you funky977. I am the one you were looking for. # 13 I love the FE all the vipers are the best. its all personal choice. good luck in your search for a FE. when they made the " viper " it is now like a rembrandt never to be duplicated.