Feedback on Harbor Freight floor jack....

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This was recommended by several folks on the forum, and for $69 I was skeptical. I figured it would be junk. To my surprise this is a really nice piece of gear, appears to be very well made, works great lifting my SRT8.

Now I just have to find the jacking points for the Viper- these are in the manual aren't they? They weren't for my SRT8.

Thanks again gents-

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look under the car by the side sills. You will see 4 angled protrusions. Those are the jack points.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone else is interested, I called their 1-800 # after I placed my order to be sure it wasnt on backorder and I was told they have over 1,000 in stock, so if you want one, you'll def be able to get it

TAZMC2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
please dont buy harbour fright jack you live has more value than that,go to sears all aluminum and there is more but the run in the thousand/

G

grcforce327

I've had mine for more than a year now and still works great!! :headbang: :2tu: :nana:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 69.99 HF jack is not the same as the $130 HF jack. The more expensive one lifts higher and is a better quality jack.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the HF aluminum with the faster acting lift? I need another jack and I thought I would ask.
Larry

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please dont buy harbour fright jack you live has more value than that,go to sears all aluminum and there is more but the run in the thousand/

I'm pretty happy with my HF jack.. The Sears AL jack is bigger, but built basically the same, a good jack as well.

I have never had a Jack "fail"... yes, they've develop leaks, lost their fluid and no longer "jack" or they drift down due to a leaking seal, but never had one out and out "fail" and drop a vehicle while trying to raise it with a jack.

If a person is putting their life in danger using a jack.... they are using it incorrectly. Proper use of a jack means you should NEVER be underneath any vehicle held up only by a jack. Jack the vehicle up, place jack stands in the appropriate locations, and lower the vehicle onto the jack stands. NOW you can work beneath the raised vehicle.

Side note: $5 off HF Coupon is Coupon #475-174-045 , can be used on line or with 800#, expires July 1st.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone else order this jack recently? If so, how long did it take for you to get it? Its been almost 3 weeks and I still havent got mine. I confirmed they had plenty in stock when I ordered, so I dont know what the hold up is. I couldve had one custom made and delivered by carrier pigeon in this amount of time. I'm far from impressed with Harbor Freight. The 1st time I did business with them (and only other time), I bought a pair of needle nose pliers. Had to exchange them THREE times because they kept snapping in half. I finally gave up, and went to OReilly's to buy a pair.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did anyone else order this jack recently? If so, how long did it take for you to get it? Its been almost 3 weeks and I still havent got mine. I confirmed they had plenty in stock when I ordered, so I dont know what the hold up is. I couldve had one custom made and delivered by carrier pigeon in this amount of time. I'm far from impressed with Harbor Freight. The 1st time I did business with them (and only other time), I bought a pair of needle nose pliers. Had to exchange them THREE times because they kept snapping in half. I finally gave up, and went to OReilly's to buy a pair.

What did you expect for .99? :laugh:

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O'Reilly has an AC Delco Racing Floor jack for $99. These are well built, fit just right under the Viper, and have a quick actuation stroke. They have worked well for me.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alot of there stuff is junk, but there are some good deals there, you just have to know what's junk and whats not. I bought 4 of the 69 dollar jacks and all 4 work great have had no issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang