FINAL EDITION REVEAL: Video of car at Chicago show

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.4adodge.com/autoshow/news_events/viper/

Click on the upper right picture of the car "VIEW THE REVEAL"

First off, I must say I'm not as excited as I was when I first heard about this project. They really could have done better with this wonderful idea and color scheme. The white stripes are incredible, however it goes down hill fast after that.

The stitching is hardly noticeable at best and the plaque is nice, but can we please have a little more in the way of "something different"? I would love to see the interior from the one off Daytona car in this vehicle. That would make it really appealing to me. I put down a deposit on this car as soon as I heard about it, and I will still buy it, but I was seriously thinking this was going to be something very special.

If Dodge is listen, would you please be so kind as to hear my plea......

Pleeease do a little more to make this car different from the rest of the GTS's... Red and black interior, PVO decal, Wing, Daytona decal package (not applied, just in a box like the 96 pace car decal kit), or even a special logo 5 point seat belt?

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way. I will buy one simply for the white stripes and love it! It will be my third viper I purchased and I'm still going to purchase the new SRT/10 with my certificate. And out of those 4 vipers I will have bought 3 of them brand new. I know that doesn't set any record or prove anything except I like buying new cars, but I would love for Dodge to listen to us, the customer, as they have done so many times in the past. I will gladly PAY MORE MONEY for a special interior or something along those lines.

Anyway, Keep up the great work and MAN do I like those white stripes!

P.S. Please don't move this to the SRT forum just because I mentioned the car. (j/k with you moderators!)

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody-
One would think it would have the '96 stripes. It should have Herb's seats at the least, and the 5 points would be great too!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This came as such a last minute plan that adding a special interior didn't have a chance to make it into the planning. Chalk another one up for the "Ray Charles" of design Teams. You should be thankful that they didn't do a red with yellow stripe and yellow wheels? I really hope that one day PVO gets to make all the decisions? At least then people who like cars will be picking the colors and the combo's that we get to buy.

Lawboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not so sure there won't be some more special features added.... a little birdie whispered in my ear that there are still some goodies being considered...

that said....and as someone who has put a deposit down on one of the Final Edition GTS's....this is what i would like to see...

the modified red interior....and nothing else...no wing...no decals...or stickers...no 5 point seat harnesses....or anything else....

red with white stripes...mod red interior....special plaque denoting its status as one of the last 360.....thats it

thanks!

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CODY has the wish-list almost perfect ....

<<make this car different from the rest of the GTS's... Red and black interior, PVO decal, Wing, Daytona decal package (not applied, just in a box like the 96 pace car decal kit), or even a special logo 5 point seat belt?>>

Also, a numbered lithograph with a Final Edition illustration and some PVO autographs would be great!

If nothing else, at least give it a wing!!

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"A numbered lithograph with a Final Edition illustration and some PVO autographs would be great!"

That sounds like the best idea yet! Maybe bring back the car assembly camera (i.e. GT2 of '98) too.

Dodge, is there anything we can do to help? I can locate someone to do the lithographs and get you a quote for 360? Do you think the craftspeople would be kind enough to sign them if they were in the vehicle at time of production?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Middleton:
CODY has the wish-list almost perfect ....

&lt;&lt;make this car different from the rest of the GTS's... Red and black interior, PVO decal, Wing, Daytona decal package (not applied, just in a box like the 96 pace car decal kit), or even a special logo 5 point seat belt?&gt;&gt;

Also, a numbered lithograph with a Final Edition illustration and some PVO autographs would be great!

If nothing else, at least give it a wing!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the stock wheels (both the '96 to '98 and the '99 and newer) and much easier to clean.

Yes, you can order the ACR package. Up to 72 (20% of the final editions) ACR's will be made, but no mre than that.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan M 98 GTS NY:
I think you can order it as a ACR, that would spice it up a little. Well maybe the price is the only spice involved but heck you would get the BBS wheels and 5 points with that combo and I think that would look great!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I agree with all the above posts. I too have a deposit down on a final edition. I will buy the car as is but I'm a little disappointed in the car. There are red with white stripped cars out there(although not from the factory) and I was hoping for something more to set the last 360 apart. I'm no designer but I think some of the others suggestions are right on the money.JMO
Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya