Final questions before purchase, hopefully...

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright fellas,
The car should be here tomarrow, or thursday, its an 03 with 2000 miles. The owner of a dealer I know found one for me, exactly what I wanted. Which was Red. I read some details about a recall earlier, should I check to see if this has been done? If so, obviously get it done right away? Other then that I think I know everything I need to know, just one last question, that really dosent have any effect on my purchasing of the car or not. How does the top handle rain? in terms of leaks and stuff? Thanks guys, and hopefully end of this week ill be a new owner.
Naz.

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rain? Why would you be driving in the rain??

But seriously I have been caught in two downpours and it handled it fine.

No leaks or drips.

Rich

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Been caught in Many A Rainstorm in my SRT last summer, never a drip.

Just remember one very important fact when it comes to Vipers, or any other car with lots of Torque and wide tires:

-Once you lose the back end in the rain, get out the maps and a flashlight, its gonna take a while to find it. Just be careful.

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Im a current 04 Z06 owner, and have experience with cars from road racing first hand, to instruction etc... Just excited to get behind the wheel. Though any driving I do in it the next couple of months is simply gonna be cruising, considering the roads are already nice and cold here in Chicago.

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are three recalls to look into on the 2003's:

1. Valves
2. Blinking headlights
3. Cooling fan module

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! really appreciate all the helpful info. HeY2K5SRT, thanks for that link too, really made things easy as heck! Talk to you guys soon

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been caught in Many A Rainstorm in my SRT last summer, never a drip.

Just remember one very important fact when it comes to Vipers, or any other car with lots of Torque and wide tires:

-Once you lose the back end in the rain, get out the maps and a flashlight, its gonna take a while to find it. Just be careful.

Skip Barber School of Racing taught me: When in doubt, both feet off....the pedals that is.....It is just so natural to slam on the brakes when things go wrong, and it may just be the worse thing to do. :eek:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have Chuck Tator the "Wizard" run the VIN and see if the recalls were done!
Ah.......another Vette convert! Welcome!

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my 03 SRT-10 (red BTW) it has been raining in a steady downpour for 2 days. I babied it getting it home (about a 30 mile drive through rush-hour traffic on interstates). As far as the top leaking, I didn't have any
trouble at all (some moisture does make it's way into the side sill areas next to the door. no problem though).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang