FInally a BIKE KILL!!!1

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well It finally happenned, I have waited since My car came back home! Tonight me and the wife went for a drive, and As I exited the interstate a Bike started Hoping me! so I Had excitement throughout my bones. The time had come to introduce soem DLM BOOST Power to some bikes!

We turned on the ramp I swithed to second and here he come the bike in the emergency lane. I instantly introduced him to some BOOST POWER! Of course I Shut him off at the curve.

We are at the roll at about 70 and we hammer it and my wife screams as loud as she can. Race Aborted!

traffice clears rolling at about 75-80 we hammer down on it and boy what an exciting ride. to this SuperBikes amazement he finds himself on my rear bumpe! I finally gave head to my wifes cry race aborted at around 160MPH.

I return for home and the bike caught up to me and said he was amazed!!! (Im sure his GSXR was used to being the one in front.) He asked what was done and I simply Said DLM BOOST POWER! He gave me the thumbs up and said we will meet again!
LOL

Did I ever tell you the thrill of BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTING!!!!!!!!!!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a GSXR-750, 2002, and let me tell you. The bike is slow.... compared to my DLM Viper. I called my friend up that owns the 2002 GSXR-1000 and the race is on, we just have to hook up. He's been in my car and I think he's being modest because he thinks I'll pull him... he says the gixxer is too hard to launch....

David, great kill!!! What cc bike was it? 600, 750, or 1000?

Gerald

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're supposed to say "it's stock" to really pi$$ 'em off
laugh.gif

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you not concerned with breaking the tires loose when the boost comes on, or is this not really possible at 60-80 mph?? i would think if it happened, it would be a mess.

Tomer

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needasnake - Correction HEED!

Gary - Can't wait till hook up with some other DLM SUper Cars!

Tomer - You learn to control it, It will definetely break the tires loose!

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mmmm... there is always someone faster
wink.gif
i do have a stroked, big bore 1300cc+ zx-12r that will spin all the way up to 140. lets just say that at 460 pounds dry and 250+ rwhp if something is gaining on me it better have a retractable landing gear
supergrin.gif

i've run the thing only once at new england dragway and i do have a lousy 9.5 at 165 time slip (could not launch it right)... and the bike looks 100% stock
supergrin.gif

good showing for the dlm crowd though
smile.gif

alex
02 gts
few other cars

ps: and if you think the bike guy had a funny face- you should see people's reaction when poping a wheelie at 140+
supergrin.gif

pss: this post is not meant as a put down or anything- just a reality check. a zx-12 is $12k, a big bore kit is $5000 with all the trimmings, so they are not that uncommon

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by AJ on 09-20-2002 at 08:16 PM</font>

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to flame the motorcycle man in the post above, but if it wasn't for the Busa and the zx-12, motorcyle folks would still be flogging and flogging to find a mid 10 second pass. 99 times out of 100 a car like Roofs will devistate the average street bike.

These new tech superbikes are not the norm on todays highways. My brother has a Busa and never rides the thing.

I think its the lightweight nimbleness and quickness of the motorcycle and the wind in your face that gives the rider a false sense of invincibility. I'd like to mount a pair of handlebars and a seat on the hood of my Viper and give a few bikers a ride!

I enjoy a good romp with a motorcycle and appreciate the fact that the rider trusts in me enough to race side by side up to 140+ mph.

Something else that lots of folks don't consider is that a 750 RWHP Viper from a rolling start has the same if not greater acceleration as a mid to low 9 second car.

In a nutshell, there is always someone faster, and that biker would be doing the same as Mr. Roof tonight if he wound up in front.

Tom

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right.. There IS always someone faster..

Tom, I had a Busa also, had to sell it.. Just too **** scary.. It was my 1st motorcycle I've ever driven. Yikes! I've now got a 2002 GSXR-750. Fast also.. I think it's the lightness or the pull and holding on the handlebars that makes you think your faster than you are..

Gerald

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*****WARNING**** IF A V-ROD IS INTERESTED IN A LITTLE RUN FOR DOUGH KEEP YOU WALLET IN YOUR POCKET AND THE PICK SLIP AT HOME. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOGDEALER
I like seeing people who have faith, but you are singing the
wrong song on this one. I have seen Dr Roof's car as well as
some of the other cars by DLM and no V-Rod would stand a chance
from a roll. The quarter mile might be close but I doubt it.

Skeeter
P.S. Did Vance&Hines ever qualify for a prostock race with
their "H.D. V-Rod" ???

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vance and Hines H.D. I would like to see just one "real" H.D. part on the thing. Not gonna happen.
smile.gif

And to answer the ?, no it did not qualify at any NHRA event.

If I remember correctly one H.D. did qualify but not the V&H bike.

GB3 could give alot better answer than I can on this subject.

And as far as V Rod's on the street, my VR4 eats them for lunch. Must be that the riders don't know how to ride.
wink.gif

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That hybusa video is sick! That bike accelerates so dang fast! Wow! I don't know if any viper would keep up with that! Dang!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CStegall you should be able to demolish a v-rod. I only have a DLM I and I've had my share of bike kills. From a stop I don't think I would have much chance against 'em, i'm not the best driver. On a roll I have never lost against a bike YET...... Yeah I said yet
tongue.gif
. David's DLM car would kick the crap out of a v-rod. First off, I think the v-rod is the worst piece of junk HD has ever made and Porsche should be ashamed of it too...... But that's just my .02 cents.

Max

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,

Thanks for the info...it is great to hear how well you and David's cars are running. I am really stoked thinking about the work that Doug will be doing on my car...just hope it performs as well as yours.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
Clark

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That turbo busa video is SICK!!! you can even tell the front end is coming up!!! Makes me miss mine...
frown.gif

Gerald

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry.....all my Harley brotheren......a very souped up V rod will not be a match for Roofs car....or any mid to low 10 sec vipers.....prove me wrong....GB3

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

Great story...one of the reasons that I sent my car to DLM was that I wanted to be able to "take" most bikes(one dusted my Viper when it was in stock form). Can't wait to get it on a track with some bikes after Doug finishes with it.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall