finally- a viper powered super car

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAN, that is beautiful~!!! Nice on the programmable suspension to lift over potholes (parking lots or driveways in our cases)...thx for the find! ~juli

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm... I thought the Viper WAS considered a supercar?

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They developed a "Special Engine" for the car by making a carbon fiber cover for around the intake. The intake and valve covers (minus the logo) looks strikingly similiar to a Vipers.

OP
OP
S

snakebite52

Viper Owner
Reaction score
on the first page of the site it says this-
2009 GTA Spano- A new supercar from Spain emerges. The GTA Spano features a supercharged version of the 8.3 liter Viper V10. Power is 780 hp in a body weighing just under 3,000 lbs, which allows for a 0-62 mph time of 2.9 seconds and a top speed of over 217 mph.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like someone stole a LOT of design cues from the Saleen S7 replacement, with a touch of Ferrari 430 on the front, a whiff of the Volkswagen W12 concept car here and there and... crap the back looks like that of the Chrysler ME 4-12!

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Viper owning the Ring and running the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds bone stock.... what makes it "not" a supercar to begin with?

Lamborghini, Ferrari... hello-o-o-o... you guys here-e-e-e.... *echo*

Low and wide stance, exotic styling and the performance to back it up should give it supercar status. However, is a "hypercar", "megacar" or "super-duper car" the top dog now, so "supercars" are just higher end sports cars now, or what is the media throwing at us now?

I think folks confuse "rarity" with supercar status and not performance, which is what makes a car, a supercar and I believe Viper pretty much holds most of those styling / performance titles and has been crowned many times to back it up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

snakebite52

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i dont consider a viper a supercar, nor do i consider a lambo gallardo one. i dont know what they are, but they arent supercars. i consider murcis and cgt's supercars

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It must be the price that deems it a supercar. because when you pay 250k+ for a car you don't want to admit you payed that much for a "car" its a "supercar".:lmao:

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i dont consider a viper a supercar, nor do i consider a lambo gallardo one. i dont know what they are, but they arent supercars. i consider murcis and cgt's supercars

Ok, so my definition is :
It would have to have a 0-60 in about 3.5, not just under 4. it would have to be over 100,000 just to be out of price range of the people who actually want it it be preferably mid-engined but doesn't have to be. Has to be very exclusive, not more than 1000 or so built. also, Not nessesarily superb handling but just enough to handle it's power and a little more. It also must be tempermental and high-maintainence. It has to have a cool name like Zonda or Fulgura. And lastly, it has to have an interior that makes you feel like you're Batman.

Just playing!! I think my definition would be that they set a new level for speed, power, acceleration, handling, and braking. They are road registerable versions of racing cars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala