Finally cooled my polished Sean Roe down

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:cool: :p ;)

I finally got my Polished Sean Roe engine compartment temperature down to a managable level. With the help of Inconel Header heat shields from Dan Cragin and front side sill shields that let cool air in to the side sills. These two additions in combination let my wife and I use the air conditioner this last weekend up in the Lake Tahoe mountains and Virginia City where the temps were near 100 degrees. I also have the extra hole in my hood on the driver side speaker grill.

Dennis Kimball

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the side sill vent is very good for reducing side sill temperatures, however, I also heard that once water gets inside the side sill vent(even if it's just from washing the car), it will eventually rust your side sills out. Has anyone had any experience with them?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the side sill vent is very good for reducing side sill temperatures, however, I also heard that once water gets inside the side sill vent(even if it's just from washing the car), it will eventually rust your side sills out. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I thought the side sills were made out of aluminum?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the header sheilds work with after market headers like Belanger or will they just fit over stock headers?

G

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any details on how you did the vent on the drivers side? Pictures? This should be put in the Illustrated upgrades! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the paint shop that repainted my hood, because of bubbles in the paint do the cut out job. They just measured to the exact same position as the other side, and cut the same size hole. If you do it without repainting, you can just put some nice grommet over the edges.

The header heat shields are available at Dan Cragins , they are a bit pricey, but then I know first hand how expensive Inconel is to buy. They sell a bunch of different configurations, so yes mine do fit over my Belanger Ceramic headers. Call DC Motorsports and ask more questions. The wheels are in my other post, and they are not as expensive as any after market wheel out there. ;-)

As far as the side sill rusting goes, I will keep you posted. I don't think anything in there can rust, except maybe some of the pipes in the exhaust system. Heck if that is the case, just run your car after washing, and wallah it will be dry in minutes. ;-)

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sills are aluminum and will corrode from the inside out if you have the old style sill insulation with exposed fiber backing.

Probably not an issue if you have the newer metal encapsulated variety but worth checking on every once in a while regardless.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dennis, you could replace your lower windshield cowl with a vented cowl to release hot air as well.

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FE 065, You are right. I forgot to do that. I had thought of that a while back, but thanks for reminding me. Now if I could just remember who carries that item???