Finally got my new wheels - pics inside!

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So today I got these Forgelines on my '08 Roadster. The car actually rides even smoother than with the factory wheels/tires, though I went to 19/20" with the Nitto's. I was expecting a harsher ride and was quite pleasantly surprised when I took her out and got quite the opposite effect! I know it'd look even better slammed, but I hate doing that to my cars - they never ride well after that and I end up taking out oil pans.:crazy2:

- here she is in all her glory!

You must be registered for see images attach

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So today I got these Forgelines on my '08 Roadster. The car actually rides even smoother than with the factory wheels/tires, though I went to 19/20" with the Nitto's. I was expecting a harsher ride and was quite pleasantly surprised when I took her out and got quite the opposite effect! I know it'd look even better slammed, but I hate doing that to my cars - they never ride well after that and I end up taking out oil pans.:crazy2:

- here she is in all her glory!

damn gina!!!!!!!!!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Looks great as it is, but yeah, a little lowering would complete the effect.

Loving your futuristic garage/clean room/bomb shelter, too :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. I was surprised as well. As for lowering so long as you do the entire suspension like Thr moton setup you will be very surprised to know it will ride even better.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks totally perfect IMO and I wouldn't lower it as it looks good how it is! Besides that when you lower them it invites lots of scrapes and scratches.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good! I too like your garage. We're going to need outside pics though. ;) And as Nader mentioned, changing the suspention to something like KW's or Motons will actually make it ride better as well as give you the lower stance.

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will get outside pics next week as I'm off for a mini vacation for a few days. I'll get the garage in the photos as well, as these photos only tell 10% of the story...

Far as lowering goes, in Quebec, the roads are probably on par with the worst roads in North America, or perhaps we even lead in that department. I've lowered a few cars properly, and severe rim and under carriage /oil pan damage was the result in a few cases, not to mention the harshness from the lowering. Scrapes and scratches are not a desirable thing for me so, much as I love the lowered look, it likley won't happen on this puppy.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, but I prefer a black lip vs the orange. Curious what it would look like in motion

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screw the wheels (I do love them) Its Your garage that is freaking awesome!! I love all the treadplate all over and ok wow I just love it. Yes your car is beautiful and yes lowering it will be another sweet mod but I like the garage :2tu::D

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did the painting of the lower part of the rear facsia come out?

Perfect - when I post the pics next week outisde, you'll see it. It really makes the car. The satin black paint matches the wheels and side ports perfectly.

With the original paint and Razor (Ugghhh) wheels, it looked more like a Meeyata than a Viper. Now it looks like what a Viper's supposed to look like; very mean, angry and seriously aggressive!!:headbang:

AZViper08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE the wheels!

I too plan on someday putting on some new wheels and will most likely keep the stock suspension height unless I go Motons. I've never thought the stock height looked bad with aftermarket wheels.

Great taste and enjoy!

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screw the wheels (I do love them) Its Your garage that is freaking awesome!! I love all the treadplate all over and ok wow I just love it. Yes your car is beautiful and yes lowering it will be another sweet mod but I like the garage :2tu::D

Thanks - the garage was almost as costly to build as the Viper was to buy. I used .63 diamond plate on the walls/doors and ceiling...with countersunk stainless screws every 4 ft, and the plates were also glued. All joints were polished smooth to avoid any sharp corners.

Lighting was done using (9) 4-bulb T5 fixtures (53 watts/bulb) and one 6-Bulb T5 fixture. I'm pushing 2200 watts of T5 lighting - don't know how many lumens, but in a warehouse of 5K SQft, you'd use less lighting than that to get a high intensity daylight effect. T5's are the highest lumen/energy FL bulbs you can buy today, and are used to replace the large 400 watt Metal Halide industrial fixtures, like what they use at the Costco warehouses. You get a suntan in the garage if you stay in it too long; it's that bright.

I used Bergo composite tiles on the floor and they're wall to wall. They don't scratch, mark or stain and are channeled to remove liquid through to the drains, which are fully tiled as well. Every device including the garage door motors and gas heating burner was covered in the metal diamond plate. Then, I used .63 aluminum pegboard diamond plate for hanging crap, and purchased diamond plate steel cupboards to sit above a 1/4 gauge stainless 2' x 10' countertop. Stairs are being fabricated now to fit as well.

It was also fitted with TV mounting brackets for large LCD TV's and I added a full range of network jacks with phone/internet etc...all in stainless plates.

The 4-post lift has 3 safety brakes on it...all in all the whole garage was way, way overkill (and over budget), but it came out perfect, even better than expected in fact. I'll post pics of that as well next week.

The Garage is about 800 sq ft and holds 3 cars and a plethora of bikes...if I need more cars in there - I'll add a lift to the next bay over.

Right now, the Viper and the Z are fighting it out to see who get's to stay on the bottom and who stays on top (in winter).:lmao:

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both the car and garage look mighty spiffy!! :2tu:

On the tint I have the same issue here in Alberta, so I just went with a light tint and have not had any issues. Mind you I only drive the car when it is nice out and the top is usually down.

Tony2