Finally

2000redgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had been searching for my Viper since June and I have finally gotten one. I started out almost getting an 01 saphire blue RT-10 with 2700 miles and ended up with my beautiful 00 red gts with cognac interior and no stripes and 32000 miles, a lot more miles, but i went down a little over $10,000, overall i am ecstatic. It feels great to be browsing these pages as a viper owner instead of some guy looking for one. And let me also add that it is awesome to be 21 with a viper that you got all by yourself.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your new snake and be careful. Just one comment: "Finally" and "21" don't belong in the same paragraph...lol... Obviously though you've done well at a relatively early age and you certainly have great taste in cars! Post pics when you can and welcome. Where are you located?

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000redgts:

Welcome to viper ownership. Maybe ya shoulda held out and bought that blue RT, but then again, I'm biased! Congratulations on your new purchase!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Outstanding!!Very cool.I remember the car I had when I was 21....uh,no I dont.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome and rare color combination! And congratulations at your age. AND at your age and if you you do not have a lot of high powered car experience, or worse if you think you do because you had a mustang or vette....be very careful. This snake bites. NEVER get on the throttle coming around a corner, wait till the wheels are straight, don't practice full throttle shifting unless you are sure you will not miss, you can spin the car if you get 2nd instead of 4th or 1st instead of 3rd. And be especially wary of cold pavement this time of year, traction is easily lost at even partial throttle on cold tires. Having been properly warned, now go out and enjoy that car!

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome and rare color combination! And congratulations at your age. AND at your age and if you you do not have a lot of high powered car experience, or worse if you think you do because you had a mustang or vette....be very careful. This snake bites. NEVER get on the throttle coming around a corner, wait till the wheels are straight, don't practice full throttle shifting unless you are sure you will not miss, you can spin the car if you get 2nd instead of 4th or 1st instead of 3rd. And be especially wary of cold pavement this time of year, traction is easily lost at even partial throttle on cold tires. Having been properly warned, now go out and enjoy that car!

Congrats on your new purchase. I'd like to second the part about missing a shift while in the midst of a spirited acceleration. I went from 4th to 3rd recently. Luckily I was going straight and I just had to suffer a little embarrassment from onlookers. Shifting takes a little practice so be patient.
Enjoy

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am quite convinced that you are much more mature than I was at 21. My college graduation present at 23 was a Corvette and I proceeded to run it off a small cliff when I ran a stop sign at 80MPH in a city park near Louisville.
So, here's to excitement, prudence, respect of the car, safety and enjoyment. And you can thank God you aren't as stupid as I was. Have fun!
Rick

OP
OP

2000redgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Columbus, Ohio. I am being very careful with the cold weather even when the streets are dry, but I can't wait for the warm weather. It may be a while on the pictures, as I have to wait until my friend who is a photographer does a photo session ( probably in Spring ).

In the way of experience with cars like this I had a Corvette for 7 months that I sold to my parents, but this is a whole new league. The power is just incredible. Life is good.

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congradulations. It's nice to hear that someone at your age is able to obtain a Viper, and seemingly having the sense to actually own one.