Finish on these wheels?

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell if these HRE547R's are polished or chromed finish?

You must be registered for see images

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its hard to tell from a pic, but they look like they shine good. So I would guess chrome. I think there was a time when HRE didnt do chrome only high polish and clear coated for extra. Anyways chrome is nice for its shine, but polished is easier to repair if you scrape or gouge a wheel.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say polished but pics are tough. I have some pics that mine look chrome... they just look brand new.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Polished. The polish on the HRE wheels is very good - I just bought a set.

The So Cal VCA Club will be touring the HRE plant in Vista, CA on Saturday March 10. If there are any interested so Cal members go to www.socalviper.org for details.

The tour is free and all attendees will be eligible for a special deal on a new set of HRE wheels.

Dan

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all... with that kind of shine, don't see why chrome would be needed. I've heard that there is a big difference between polished and polished with clearcoat. But again, these wheels are about as shiney as needed, especially on a dark color like the black car.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have polished with no clear coat. While it does take time to polish every few months, I dont mind at all. I think they look great.

I am doing Motons in the spring...

9384DSC02897.JPG

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all... with that kind of shine, don't see why chrome would be needed. I've heard that there is a big difference between polished and polished with clearcoat. But again, these wheels are about as shiney as needed, especially on a dark color like the black car.

I personally like the polished better too. Chrome is to shiny. The only thing is, polished is harder to maintain. If you use the car everyday in rain and dont wash it often you will have some marks on them. I polish just my lips every few weeks to keep them nice. If you want something easy, go with polished and clearcoat. You will have more protection and less chance of stains because you can just wax them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960