Finished Roe, Wow!!!

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am IMPRESSED! :2tu: I finally finished the install this evening. ROE Blower 6.5 psi, 1.7 harland sharp roller rockers, PBJ intake, Catch can, ROE water/**** kit. $6450 for everything including chroming and powder coating. Since most of the parts were purchased used there were a few glitches along the way, damaged intake pipe in shipping from UGR, missing bolts, missing pully, etc. But considering the retail price of close to $10,000 if everything was purchased new, you have to expect a few little problems. Luckly we have a machine shop at my work.

I drove the viper about 40 miles tonight, no codes thrown. Drives fine under part throttle. Never went above 190degrees. Half throttle to Full this thing is an animal. Stock, my car had decent traction with the stock tires as long as i wasn't too agressive with the clutch engagement, and didn't power shift. Now first is USELESS, second basically is too! I laid about 200 ft of rubber easing in to it in second from a 25mph roll! Third gear is AWESOME, it hard to believe how fast this car can accelerate now from a 35 to 100+ in third. I can't wait for Jon at Parts Rack to get me my Sport Cup tires. I had herd that ROE's build boost fast but its way quicker then i ever would have imagined. Hits like a big NOS wet shot. I'm going to change the oil tomarrow and hopefully get it on the dyno by the end of the week. A big thanks to Leeland (LPDESROCHE) and Jennifer for helping with the install, Tony (1TONY1) for getting my injectors cleaned quick and at a great price, Dave at ROE racing for excellent support especially considering that i didn't purchase the blower new from them, and Mark (JohnnyBravo) for selling me the Blower. I can not believe i waited 3 years to add some boost!

Chris

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 196

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you like it!
I bought mine used and its waiting to be installed - I've just been too busy but hope to get to it this weekend
Are you just using one of the S/C VEC maps in the car before you tune?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks beautiful. Congrats.

You'll see that the torque starts at a high idle, peaks by the time you let the clutch out and is almost a flat/perfect power curve. You're right that the only thing that compares is a Nitrous shot.

I'm guessing you'll see about 620-650rwhp and be able to cut high 10's with street tires after some practise.

And now you can drive in 6th gear! It's like driving a Mercedes down the highway it's so quiet in 6th, even with track exhaust.

And don't let anyone else drive your car now. You could get a smart card (program card) with a 'conservative tune' if you have to let someone else drive though (vec2 or 3).

Enjoy!

Ted

OP
OP
C

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using a card that I had ROE make for me. Seems to be working fine, but i didn't think i was going to be doing rockers at the time so its not adjusted for those. I'll be interested to see what it dynos at and how much power can be had dyno tuning it. My highly calibrated seat of pants is thinking somewhere around 600rwhp, and a ton of torque. I'll post my results on here after i get it on the dyno. I have a set of sport cups (the new ACR and GT2 tire) on backorder. What are you guys running to get traction. I had almost thought about just getting a set of ps2's but i really doubt they will hook this up. Plus i only drive about 1500 miles a year and never in rain so treadlife is not an issue.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using a card that I had ROE make for me. Seems to be working fine, but i didn't think i was going to be doing rockers at the time so its not adjusted for those. I'll be interested to see what it dynos at and how much power can be had dyno tuning it. My highly calibrated seat of pants is thinking somewhere around 600rwhp, and a ton of torque. I'll post my results on here after i get it on the dyno. I have a set of sport cups (the new ACR and GT2 tire) on backorder. What are you guys running to get traction. I had almost thought about just getting a set of ps2's but i really doubt they will hook this up. Plus i only drive about 1500 miles a year and never in rain so treadlife is not an issue.
My car made 580 rwhp on the base Roe tune. You should get it dyno tuned specific for your car. I am still debating tires too. I am thinking about Nitto Drag radials, Kuhmo V700s or PS2s.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Chris, glad its all together and running now. Pic looks sweet. I need to shoot up there sometime soon so I can check it out. I guess it's time to step mine up as well. After coming back from TX2K8 this last weekend I need a horsepower fix for sure. I am pretty sure I will go with the ROE as well especially since I already had the chance to practice my install skills on your car.:D

Leeland
98 Silver GTS

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you're saying your pleased with the results?:D I'm picking mine up from 1Tony1 Friday. After seeing your post, I'm about to CRAP my pants with excitement...OOOPs, too late:omg:. Couple of questions: stock rear gears? 180 t-stat? what year is your car?

Chip

Performance Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! Looks really nice.
Is first so "useless" that you can comfortably take off from second? Or is it a tire traction issue?

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6400 for everything is a good price considering the rockers etc. what sort of valve covers are those? are they just painted or aftermarket?

OP
OP
C

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you're saying your pleased with the results?:D I'm picking mine up from 1Tony1 Friday. After seeing your post, I'm about to CRAP my pants with excitement...OOOPs, too late:omg:. Couple of questions: stock rear gears? 180 t-stat? what year is your car?

I'm more then pleased with my results. The only toy i've ever purchased that has given me as much in return as this is my hot tub. :headbang:My car is a 2000GTS. I did change to a 172 degree thermostat while doing the blower install, as suggested by dave at ROE. I already had random tech high flow cats and a corsa cat back. I had put on a set of borla headers, cats, and b&b cat back which made good power but was crazy loud, so i'm pretty happy with the sound of the current setup, although i might add headers again after i get a chance to hear some on someone elses car at a viper event first. The gears are stock.
Chip

Sweet! Looks really nice.
Is first so "useless" that you can comfortably take off from second? Or is it a tire traction issue?

I can't comfortably take off from first or second. First 40% throttle produces wheel spin, second i've messed with a bunch after warming up the tires and even if u ease into it once u go wide open the tires start smoking and then your at redline. They only have 5000 miles on them and hooked up fine NA. Now its like driving on ice. Even third is a little sketchy, like first was stock. I'm sure with the right tire its going to be amazing in first and second.

6400 for everything is a good price considering the rockers etc. what sort of valve covers are those? are they just painted or aftermarket?

Well, all i can say is im glad that some of these guys that have had there ROE's for a while and are now ready to upgrade to Twin Turbos or the UGR 900hp for 15grand, because combined with the economy there are some deals to be had now. I'm in the industrial hard chrome plating business so i was able to obtain deals on the plating and powdercoating. The Valve covers are stock. I had them coated with the throttle linkage, Roe tube brace, fuel rails, and the PBJ intake. I didn't have them relieve the viper lettering because i wanted the black ROE Supercharged to stand out on the chrome tubes. I'm very happy with the finished look. I'll take some better pictures and post them when i figure out how to on this forum. I did have my share of problems with missing parts during the install, but you have to expect that when your trying to save some money. I'm very happy with the finished product and i feel pretty safe if i ever go to sell, wether i leave it on the car or return the car to stock. Thats one thing i love about vipers. Even in todays crappy market if u look at the other cars i was considering buying 3 years ago they are all down 20grand in value already, and none of them delivers the performance, or "Rock Star" effect of a GTS.

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was looking at PS Cups too. I was warned you need to warm them up everytime, for hard driving on the street. Also must get 3m clear tape done to sills/underbody as you'll hear the sand blast effect of tire pick-up.