First Gen V crash was a GTS-R

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a sad sight indeed. I'm surprised there's no third backup car gassed and ready to go.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gen 1 Brakes?

Hey, I represent that.

Attachments

• First-SRT-Viper-Crash.jpg
    First-SRT-Viper-Crash.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 24

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that is certainly a sad sight... but it's also a racing sight as well. It's all part of the game.
Glad Dom is healthy. :2tu:
Mike

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So any more info SRT on Exactly why the 91 Car hit the wall, was it thrown off track by another car or was it Driver error or did something break? Anyone know?

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So any more info SRT on Exactly why the 91 Car hit the wall, was it thrown off track by another car or was it Driver error or did something break? Anyone know?

Actually, I was wondering the same thing... thought somebody would've chimed in here with some info by now.
My 11 yr old son went with me to mid-ohio to watch these two cars so yesterday I called him into my office to show him this pic and he rolled his eyes and turned to walk out saying, "Don't ever show me that again." :lmao:
Mike

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, I did happen to find this...

No, this is not the first crash of the 2013 SRT Viper, it would be really difficult for it to be, since the supercar is not on sale yet, this is the first accident of the SRT Viper GTS-R, the racing incarnation of the V10 beast.

The accident took place during the weekend practice at Baltimore, with the No.91 car being driven by Dominik Farnbacher.

“We went out on sticker tires and I had two laps to warm up the tires,” Farnbacher said. “I was basically on a flyer. I was overtaking a GTC car on the right side going into the right turn. I took a little bit of a different line than before because I was overtaking the GTC car. I think on the inside there was one bump which upset the rear.”

“I lost the rear and I counter steered. Then I lost it to the other side and the car went basically toward the wall. I could not save it anymore. Just sorry for my team,” the driver concluded.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2013-srt-viper-gts-r-first-crash-48971.html

So I guess that's the scoop.
Mike

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually this is not the first crash. Kendall crashed at Road America a week or so ago taking a good part of the right side of the car off.... Come to think of it, I believe that nary a week has gone by wothout some sort of body damage.

Longdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just some growing pains, better get over those now and have cars and drivers dialed in for the next season. refreshing to see honest description from the driver instead of all-too-common excuses BS, I think he will have a lot of fun with this car.