First Oil Change After Arrow Rebuild

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rebuilt engine arrived yesterday from Arrow and will be installed tomorrow. In looking at it today, I noted that the crankcase was empty. Presumably, the oil was drained after the engine was tested and dyno'd.

In the TSB which came in the crate, it was advised that the oil be changed after the initial 200 miles.

My question: When Arrow drained the crankcase, weren't the contaminants associated with running a new engine flushed out then? Or, should I be safe and change the oil again at 200 miles as suggested.

Thanks in advance.....

Don

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change it at 200 miles. Follow the break in paperwork that came from Arrow. Mine mimicked the factory break in for the first 1000 miles. Mine looked like it was brand new at the 200 mile changeout but did not want to take any chances as how many rebuilds can one expect under warranty.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, follow the suggested oil change and rpm limits for the entire break in period. Bet you will have a hard time holding the rpms at the suggested break in limits for at least the first 500 or 600 miles. It is unbelieveable how fast 2000 rpm's comes up on a Viper! But it is worth it, I noticed a bit more grunt at the low end of the rpms after the break in, seems to get off the line quite a bit faster than before the rebuild.