Fit problems with Sidewinder wheels

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to fit some sidewinder wheels on my 2004 SRT-10.

Rears work fine.

On the fronts, the calipers are rubbing in the insides of the wheels. In particular, the two pieces circled in blue.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to solve it?

You must be registered for see images

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone has added studs and put nuts on you need to remove studs and put stock Allen bolts back and you will be fine

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But that wouldn't put scrapes on the outside of the caliper. How thick are the tape weights they used to balance the wheels? Just a thought.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another issue which I am surprised no one noticed, is the sticker. It is facing the wrong way. 2004 came with Red Calipers so why would someone have to refinish them and put the sticker on the wrong way? To top it all off, install them with wrong bolts.... I would check over the entire car.

I'm trying to fit some sidewinder wheels on my 2004 SRT-10.

Rears work fine.

On the fronts, the calipers are rubbing in the insides of the wheels. In particular, the two pieces circled in blue.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to solve it?

You must be registered for see images

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know,......I thought that my brakes looked thrashed.
My car is apparently a tracked / garage queen.

Kai, the sidewinders will fit if you can take out the stud kit and go back to the stock caliper mounting bolts.
Any gen 3 or 4 wheel will fit every Viper currently out.

If you bought the car like that, I would wonder if it's been converted to studs because of jacked-up threads in the knuckle.
Mine pulled threads, so I fixed it with Heli-Coil inserts.

What's up with your car? :dunno:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the scrapes on the caliper itself are because the caliper isn't down far enough on the disk because the studs jacked that up too?

What wheels were you running before that didn't rub on the caliper mount studs? I haven't compared a sidewinder to other stock front wheels, but why would they hit while others wouldn't?

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another issue which I am surprised no one noticed, is the sticker. It is facing the wrong way. 2004 came with Red Calipers so why would someone have to refinish them and put the sticker on the wrong way? To top it all off, install them with wrong bolts.... I would check over the entire car.

I was going to mention the sticker, but just too slow getting online today.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
04 - it probable had black calipers that were refinished to red to be in vogue (unless it was a Mamba car)

was the car a salvage car, after just completely fixing up Giggey's salvage car I was amazed at how many non factory fasteners people can use and how they compromise the entire car with having the wrong bolts, threads , length etc.

The advice to do a thorough once over is good, try to arrange a second car there to compare with (saves a lot of time)

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the scrapes on the caliper itself are because the caliper isn't down far enough on the disk because the studs jacked that up too?

What wheels were you running before that didn't rub on the caliper mount studs? I haven't compared a sidewinder to other stock front wheels, but why would they hit while others wouldn't?

Bingo.

George