"fog lights" as daytime running lights, How?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"fog lights\" as daytime running lights, How?

DRIVING / FOG LIGHTS AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME

Just a thought; why not fog lights ALL the time or switchable ON/OFF any time with it's own switch ??
For older cars without auto day time lights, like my 96 Chrysler T&C, I made my fog (driving) lights to come on with my ignition on (switchable).
I disconnected the wires to the fog lights at the fog light housing. Be sure to note which one is + and - .
I ran separate wires from the fog lights(2; one +, one -) up to and under the dash. I then found a wire that is hot when ignition (key) is ON (this being the +). I found this available from a blank position in the fuse block. (Fuse cavity # 10 on my '96 RT10). By the way, in the start position, the lights go out, as the wire is hot ONLY with ignition ON position.
I tied into this wire with a inline fuse, to a switch under the knee panel, to be the hot wire to the fog lights (both). The other ( - ) wire went to a ground inside the engine compartment. I can turn the fog lights ON or OFF ANYTIME from the switch, or leave the switch ON, and the fog lights come on and off with the car running,(ignition ON/OFF).
I have had this installed for about 5 years now; also, on my wife's Ply. Voyager, and my Chrysler T&C van and now the ‘96 Viper RT/10.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"fog lights\" as daytime running lights, How?

Saw a post here a while back discussing how to operate fog lights w/o using headlights. I would like to use these as DRL's. I know many of you think this is a silly thing, (references to corvettes) but I beleive this a good idea.

There was some mention of removing a terminal from the "relay"??

I know the year matters and this is for a 94. Thanks for all your help.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you for the response but I seem to remember, simply snipping off a terminal on a relay?

I have got to start writing this stuff down.

Thanks for all your help.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve,
Check out this posting and various replies. It uses cavity #10 like I mentioned above to be ignition (and switch) on only.

Good luck again,

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mopar Steve:
Saw a post here a while back discussing how to operate fog lights w/o using headlights. I would like to use these as DRL's. I know many of you think this is a silly thing, (references to corvettes) but I beleive this a good idea.

There was some mention of removing a terminal from the "relay"??

I know the year matters and this is for a 94. Thanks for all your help.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve.......I posted this back on January 15 and 29. Just go to search, using fog lights. Then check for my name. Easy to do.

Chuck Greggs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456