"fog lights" as daytime running lights, How?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"fog lights\" as daytime running lights, How?

DRIVING / FOG LIGHTS AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME

Just a thought; why not fog lights ALL the time or switchable ON/OFF any time with it's own switch ??
For older cars without auto day time lights, like my 96 Chrysler T&C, I made my fog (driving) lights to come on with my ignition on (switchable).
I disconnected the wires to the fog lights at the fog light housing. Be sure to note which one is + and - .
I ran separate wires from the fog lights(2; one +, one -) up to and under the dash. I then found a wire that is hot when ignition (key) is ON (this being the +). I found this available from a blank position in the fuse block. (Fuse cavity # 10 on my '96 RT10). By the way, in the start position, the lights go out, as the wire is hot ONLY with ignition ON position.
I tied into this wire with a inline fuse, to a switch under the knee panel, to be the hot wire to the fog lights (both). The other ( - ) wire went to a ground inside the engine compartment. I can turn the fog lights ON or OFF ANYTIME from the switch, or leave the switch ON, and the fog lights come on and off with the car running,(ignition ON/OFF).
I have had this installed for about 5 years now; also, on my wife's Ply. Voyager, and my Chrysler T&C van and now the ‘96 Viper RT/10.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"fog lights\" as daytime running lights, How?

Saw a post here a while back discussing how to operate fog lights w/o using headlights. I would like to use these as DRL's. I know many of you think this is a silly thing, (references to corvettes) but I beleive this a good idea.

There was some mention of removing a terminal from the "relay"??

I know the year matters and this is for a 94. Thanks for all your help.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you for the response but I seem to remember, simply snipping off a terminal on a relay?

I have got to start writing this stuff down.

Thanks for all your help.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve,
Check out this posting and various replies. It uses cavity #10 like I mentioned above to be ignition (and switch) on only.

Good luck again,

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mopar Steve:
Saw a post here a while back discussing how to operate fog lights w/o using headlights. I would like to use these as DRL's. I know many of you think this is a silly thing, (references to corvettes) but I beleive this a good idea.

There was some mention of removing a terminal from the "relay"??

I know the year matters and this is for a 94. Thanks for all your help.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve.......I posted this back on January 15 and 29. Just go to search, using fog lights. Then check for my name. Easy to do.

Chuck Greggs