For $58K which one would you buy?

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking for another Viper and am not quite ready to shell out the bucks for a new FE. I have located an 02 FE 1 owner 3K miles and an 03 Black SRT-10 1 owner with 1200 miles. Both can be had for $58K. What would you do?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tough call, but I'd also have to go with the FE GTS. If it was just a normal GTS, it might be a closer call depending on if you enjoy ******* driving or not.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you like Vipers or Corvettes? if you like Vipers, and I mean raw horsepower with super **** curves, get the GTS. If you want a vert that's sharp and looks like a corvette and has a cup holder, grab the SRT... IMHO

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there both great cars thats a hard choice!but i would go with something different since you already have had a gts. so an srt-10 is what i would go with. or if you love the gen2 looks get an ACR. with that aleast your getting something new :2tu:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FE GTS, easy decision in my book. Besides the obvious reasons you're looking at a last year of production vs. a first year of production, which one do you think was made better?

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like GTS prices and are starting to eclipse SRT prices. Not only is that FE a year older, but it also has nearly three times the miles as well. Perhaps its unsurpassed styling is the reason why:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

8526DSC00634-med.JPG

8526Viperfront-med.jpg

Good luck with your decision. Both are great cars and you'll definitely have a lot of fun with either of them.
:nana:

RS27J9A

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugly Vs. ****.

It's like asking who you would rather take on a date. A butterface or a hottie. Both will eat the same but you would rather be seen with the hottie.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to your signature I see you no longer have one. I would grab the GTS first. Now if I already have a GTS and am looking for a second I go with an SRT. I agree with Jon, but sometimes looks eclipse comfort. Otherwise we would all drive Ferrari's.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are both hot cars, but I've had both, and I'd buy the SRT! Let the bashing begin, but it's just a better car. I've seen a few SRT's parked next to Gen2's, and the older cars are starting to look dated. :hitfan:

JeffM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are both hot cars, but I've had both, and I'd buy the SRT! Let the bashing begin, but it's just a better car. I've seen a few SRT's parked next to Gen2's, and the older cars are starting to look dated. :hitfan:

***! :evilmad:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there an option of "Spend the $58K on a different car?"

If so, pre-2000 GTS with a blower....

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both (and had an RT)and in 03 was a charter member of the "he-man SRT haters club", but I have seen the light. Get the SRT. Of the neighborhood/friends/teenagers who have seen mine only one has liked the way the GTS looks over the SRT. Of course, people tend to like the newest thing. Personally, lookswise in my opinion it is a draw, driving-wise it is clearly the SRT.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

***! :evilmad:

HAHA!!! I love you, Jeff!

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go with the 02 fe...exclusive # made....great styling...and will definitely appreciate in years to come...nice price for a 1 owner,low mileage fe...good luck with your choice.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like all Vipers. In your case I would pick the 2003 just because you already had a GTS. It may be 20 years before Vipers see collector values.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I'm surprised that about 15 people haven't posted telling you that the Gen II is $5-8K overpriced. I recently got out of a thread where almost everyone told me $58K was robbery for my car and that $50-53K was "market" value.

You post and say you are considering buying a nice Gen II for $58K and everyone loves you for it, go figure...

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually I'm surprised that about 15 people haven't posted telling you that the Gen II is $5-8K overpriced. I recently got out of a thread where almost everyone told me $58K was robbery for my car and that $50-53K was "market" value.

You post and say you are considering buying a nice Gen II for $58K and everyone loves you for it, go figure...

I'm only guessing here buddy, so don't sling any mud at me, I was one of the ones that said you should stick with your price. The reason could be that the genII in question is a year newer than yours and it is an FE. I'm not sure what your milage is/was, but this FE is also low milage at 3k miles.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar488: I think the SRT-10 is a better "deal" and stock-to-stock the SRT-10 is a better platform, but I personally "like" the Gen II better. I think it has a little more shock value. Let us know what you end up getting (w/ pics).

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please... No contest, we're not talking racing, right? We're talking Shock value and personal satisfaction...get the FE GTS! Not a day goes by that I don't get some kind of insane reaction to the car. Pic's being taken, screaming from across the highway "Nice car", people breaking their necks trying to catch a glimpse, ect. ect... We don't get 1/2 that in my friends SRT, and it ****** him off something fierce. We were picking his SRT up from the valet and I heard someone ask her boyfriend "what is that" Her boyfriend replied "It's the new Mustang..." I laughed my ass off! That would NEVER happen with the FE. I'm sure you'll have a blast with either one.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had to get only one Viper it would be a GEN2. Already had one.....a second "toy", yeah......I'd go Gen3 just to have one.

SRT prices are falling. Guy I know had an option to buy a yellow (04?) low miles for 58

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang